Thread: Painting Bravo drive skeg?

beaverretriever
    Havasu was really low this weekend and I scraped a little powdercoat off of the skeg. Being the anal retentive guy that I am, I want to paint it. Do I have to use the Mercury Phantom Black paint or can I use hamertone or somthing like that?
    I did a search and nothing came up.

Desert Rat
    I use a Zinc Chromate primer (best for aluminium) and Merc outdrive black. Both available from most boat shops.

voodoomedman
    Havasu was really low this weekend and I scraped a little powdercoat off of the skeg. Being the anal retentive guy that I am, I want to paint it. Do I have to use the Mercury Phantom Black paint or can I use hamertone or somthing like that?
    I did a search and nothing came up.
    West Marine has the Quicksilver (Mercury) Phantom black and they also have the grey primer. It isn't very expensive per can and it is the exact color that's already there.

VegasHallett
    I can't find it anywhere on west maines website. Does anyone know where to buy the mercury black paint online?

voodoomedman
    I can't find it anywhere on west maines website. Does anyone know where to buy the mercury black paint online?
    Your probably not going to find it anywhere online because as far as shipping is concerned it would be a hazmat. Therefore the cost for shipping would far outweigh the cost of the product.

bubbletop409
    Got my Mercury black paint from Bam Marine, http://bammarine.com/ No special charge for shipping, but must go surface only. Actually marketed under the Quicksilver brand name. Called Phantom Black, part #92-802878Q 1.

acatitude
    geez black is black go to home depot cant see it when its stuck in the mud anyways lol

VanDeano
    geez black is black go to home depot cant see it when its stuck in the mud anyways lol
    I have to disagree with that. The mercury paint stays glossy. Trust me, I have tried all kinds of different black paint any nothing come close to Quicksilver (mercury) black.