Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quite a testimony to the structural integrity of Boeing products

RitcheyRch
    Last night circa 2300 our BAX (A B727-200C) aircraft flight 705BX encountered severe weather over Alberta Canada. The aircraft was cruising at 35,000 feet when it encountered tennis ball sized hail. The pictures below show some of the damage. All landing lights were destroyed, as was the radar. The crew was forced to make a "blind" emergency landing.
    Upon safe return to the ground the first officer and flight engineer quit. It is expected that the aircraft is a total loss as its structural integrity has been compromised.

Sleek-Jet
    I call BS on the F/O and F/E quitting...
    And you don't need radar to land an airplane... and not having landing lights isn't that big of a deal either...

Jordy
    Upon safe return to the ground the first officer and flight engineer quit.
    Pussies.

Mandelon
    insane.

Tom Brown
    And you don't need radar to land an airplane... and not having landing lights isn't that big of a deal either...
    Back in 'nam, we used to make dead stick landings with a blown off wing, missing stabilizer, and so much debris in front of the canopy we had zero visibility. It was no big deal.
    Once on the ground, we'd have the plane fueled while medics apply tornoquets to our missing limbs and we'd head out again. The dead stick take offs were even more difficult than the landings.

Sleek-Jet
    Back in 'nam, we used to make dead stick landings with a blown off wing, missing stabilizer, and so much debris in front of the canopy we had zero visability. It was no big deal.
    ... besides... tennis ball sized hail in Canada is like pea sized US hail... it's all about the exchange rate...

Keith E. Sayre
    Wow! I'll bet it was loud in the cockpit? Or would they hit so hard that there wasn't any loud bangs?
    Keith Sayre

RitcheyRch
    I have no idea if is true about the F/o and F/E quitting. I received this e-mail with pictures from one of my Design Engineer buddies at Boeing in Renton.

rrrr
    ... besides... tennis ball sized hail in Canada is like pea sized US hail... it's all about the exchange rate...
    LMFAO....... :crossx:

Keith E. Sayre
    Sleek Jet: Now that was funny!
    Keith Sayre

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast