Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bittersweet irony going on...

Devil's Advocate
    I have two close friends who are pregnant. One of them was due at the end of this month, another due in April. The one due at the end of the month has been through an amazing journey. In the condensed version, this beautiful young lady who has 2 boys with her husband got pregnant again, unexpectedly with now their third on the way. She didn't want a third child, but come to find out, this baby not even born yet has saved her life. Due to some headaches she started having during pregancy, (she already has an existing brain tumor also, not life-threatening), they went in to see what was happening. It was disovered through MRI and other intesive testing that she had an aneurysm that was life-threatening about 4 months into pregancy. They had to operate or she would not live to see the baby born. So my brave friend went through brain surgery while 4 months pregnant. It went very well..
    But now she's back in the hospital, suffering from intense headaches that even morphine is barely able to touch. They are not attributing this to the surgery, however. So, I get the call tonight that they're going to induce labor and their little girl will be born sometime tonight. My friend who has already spent so much time in the hospital during this pregancy and in so much pain will be delivering a little one, about 4 weeks pre-mature. Good news is, the baby looks good inside mom so far.
    Then there's my other friend who's pregnant for the first time. Her and her husband are excited beyond belief, doing all the soon to be mom and dad things that excited expecting parents do. They decide they don't want to know the sex of the baby. Today she had another appt for an ultrasound to hear the baby's heartbeat.
    I get an email from them tonight. As of 4:30pm today, their baby no longer had a heartbeat. I can't even begin to imagine her sadness right now. She said in her email that for whatever reason, this was in God's plan.
    So tonight, a baby is to be born while another one is taken. I pray for my friend who just lost her baby and will pray for the safe arrival of my other friend's baby tonight. Bittersweet tonight to say the very least.

voodoomedman
    I have two close friends who are pregnant. One of them was due at the end of this month, another due in April. The one due at the end of the month has been through an amazing journey. In the condensed version, this beautiful young lady who has 2 boys with her husband got pregnant again, unexpectedly with now their third on the way. She didn't want a third child, but come to find out, this baby not even born yet has saved her life. Due to some headaches she started having during pregancy, (she already has an existing brain tumor also, not life-threatening), they went in to see what was happening. It was disovered through MRI and other intesive testing that she had an aneurysm that was life-threatening about 4 months into pregancy. They had to operate or she would not live to see the baby born. So my brave friend went through brain surgery while 4 months pregnant. It went very well..
    But now she's back in the hospital, suffering from intense headaches that even morphine is barely able to touch. They are not attributing this to the surgery, however. So, I get the call tonight that they're going to induce labor and their little girl will be born sometime tonight. My friend who has already spent so much time in the hospital during this pregancy and in so much pain will be delivering a little one, about 4 weeks pre-mature. Good news is, the baby looks good inside mom so far.
    Then there's my other friend who's pregnant for the first time. Her and her husband are excited beyond belief, doing all the soon to be mom and dad things that excited expecting parents do. They decide they don't want to know the sex of the baby. Today she had another appt for an ultrasound to hear the baby's heartbeat.
    I get an email from them tonight. As of 4:30pm today, their baby no longer had a heartbeat. I can't even begin to imagine her sadness right now. She said in her email that for whatever reason, this was in God's plan.
    So tonight, a baby is to be born while another one is taken. I pray for my friend who just lost her baby and will pray for the safe arrival of my other friend's baby tonight. Bittersweet tonight to say the very least.
    My prayers are with both your friends. We miscarried before our first child and it was devastating and it was only a few weeks. I couldn't even imagine losing at full term. I will also pray that the new baby coming has a momma for a very long time.

Run_em_Hard
    Two very sad stories...good luck to both.

Kilrtoy
    No words can begin to describe the pain or or the feeling of loss.
    makes you thankful for what you have or dont have and have a more postive outlook.
    Best wishes to both your friends in the journeys

RitcheyRch
    My thoughts and prayers are with both families. Could never imagine what they went through.

Devil's Advocate
    Update... a healthy baby girl (Rebecca Christina) born 12:03am, 5lbs 7oz., eyes open and eating.. I've yet to hear back from the tired parents..

voodoomedman
    Update... a healthy baby girl (Rebecca Christina) born 12:03am, 5lbs 7oz., eyes open and eating.. I've yet to hear back from the tired parents..
    Great news!!!!
    Thoughts and prayers still go out to the other couple. It is extremely tough but hopefully they will try again when they are ready and give birth to a healthy baby. I know our lost child is out there watching over our little boy.

Devil's Advocate
    Great news!!!!
    Thoughts and prayers still go out to the other couple. It is extremely tough but hopefully they will try again when they are ready and give birth to a healthy baby. I know our lost child is out there watching over our little boy.
    Yes, your baby is watching over...thanks for your prayers..

MrsSigEpMock
    Until Chris and I got pregnant with our little girl, we had no idea the complexity and emotions that are involved in pregnancy. Of all the millions of things that are going on in such a short amount of time in the fetus, it's no wonder miscarriages are so common. It is heart wrenching everytime I hear of one, but something malfunctioned and it is for the best. Of all the complex machines that man has ever made, they will never be so perfect and precise as the human body and what it is capable of. Unfortunatley, not all baby's develop correctly and miscarriages happen, especially first pregnancies. Tell you friends to keep trying, sometimes getting pregnant for a lot of people is the hard/impossible part. I have a hunch they'll have a beautiful child soon.
    Babies are a blessing for the things that they help us discover, even before they are born. It may be a more simple appreciation of life, priorities or in the other couples case, a health problem. This situation is Ironic, but a part of life and being friends. Good luck to both of them and good for you to care about them.

Devil's Advocate
    This is the precious little angel that saved my friend's life.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...maller_pic.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast