Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Engine Masters Shaping up: Ford Kicking Butt

spectras only
    Noone liked the phucing Challenger, it was a piece of shit compared to the sales/looks of the Cuda.
    They are idiots.
    Brian
    I beg to differ . I've sold my Challenger with 95K miles on it ,after having it for 8 yrs with no issues what so ever . The fit and finish wasn't the best [ Cuda was the same , had one of those too ] .My Ford Capri was finished better :rollside:
    http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/Picture%20055.jpg

wsuwrhr
    Cool car, don't get me wrong,
    But it will never be a Cuda.
    Sorry
    Brian
    I beg to differ . I've sold my Challenger with 95K miles on it ,after having it for 8 yrs with no issues what so ever . The fit and finish wasn't the best [ Cuda was the same , had one of those too ] .My Ford Capri was finished better :rollside:

AzMandella
    [QUOTE=wsuwrhr]
    When was the last time you saw a cool four-door musclecar? Let me guess. Never I think?
    How about a 4 door Galaxy 500 with a 390 and 4 spd.

GofastRacer
    [QUOTE=wsuwrhr]
    When was the last time you saw a cool four-door musclecar? Let me guess. Never I think?
    Seen those before, I remember a 66 4 door with a 427 high riser and 4 speed, that's when you could buy a car the way YOU wanted it!..

steelcomp
    [QUOTE=wsuwrhr]
    How about a 4 door Galaxy 500 with a 390 and 4 spd.Have you checked out the crazy Austrailians? They have a thing for four door hot-rods down under, what with thier Holdens and their Utes. What about the "Tijuana Taxi"? Anybody remember that one?? :idea:

wsuwrhr
    As cool as the galaxies ARE, I don't know if they quailify as a muscle car. Pretty heavy.
    A good friend of mine raced one for a couple years when Edwards was hosting drags. Had a big inch 460(over 500) and he just couldn't get it going.
    That was a nice hotrod though.
    Brian

steelcomp
    Sorry about the book...I just got on a roll. I know you know that stuff.
    I don't get the "select few" thing, though...everything Ford had was available through select dealerships, just like today. I remember going with my dad when I was a kid to pick up his brand new motor from Santa Monica Ford. 427 hi-rise, stroked, special Ford racing rods, heads done by Ford racing, etc. Jack Engle groud a special cam for it, and it went in his 55 'Bird. I used to watch him race it at Saugus, and San Fernando.
    Glidden had a lot going on at the time he quit drag racing...the least of which were his problems with Ford. He pulled some shit with Ford, too, so I guess what comes around...(ever wonder why the AR429 high-swirl heads that used to be available through Ford, aren't any more?? Thanks, Bob. ) AFA Kaase, you're right...none of us will know the truth, and usually when a story is that "one sided", there's another side. John might have gotten a little greedy...who knows.
    I had a replica Cobra business, so I have a little insight into how "corperate" Ford works in regards to the "Cobra" name, and Carol Shelby. I'll side with Ford on that one, too.
    They could have gone any direction with the Mustang, and of course they want to sell parts, but they need a market base to sell them to. I'm not saying they were "benevolant" but they certainly listened to what their customers wanted.
    Sounds like you have some sour grapes. Sorry to hear that. Steelcomp, Yes I am aware of all the examples you cite above. I was trying to avoid writing a novel. I agree with almost all of what you say but I do stand by my claim that Ford built their H/P engines for a select few. All Ford H/P engines are limited production because of the expense, doesn't hurt the mystique of these engine lending to the desireability of these engines. Why did Glidden get out when he did? Because of conflicts with Ford, and I'm not going to go into the details of the problems but they were numerous. What about Kasse? He did the design and development of the 2nd Gen 429 CJ heads only to have Ford tell him to get f**ked as they were going to market the heads themselves shutting Kasse out for proprietary rights to the head hence Kasse building Pontiacs for Engine Masters. None of us will know the real truth and details of the dealings with Ford unless we were in the room when it all went down. BTW Kasse still builds Ford engines for anyone who can pay the tab regardless of what someone else said in this thread. He has built his business around Ford engines and I assume its because there is a demand and it is the best product on the market. Ford is not being benevolent when it come to the Mustang enthusist, they sell parts because there is a demand for them and they can still make money from the sales of those parts. When the sales dry up the parts will be purged from catalogs just like all the other parts when they are deemed obsolete. Look at the GM parts program and how they licence vendors to produce parts for models long out of production, they seem to be very receptive to vendors while still maintaining quality whereas Ford makes vendors jump thru hoops before granting the vendor licence to produce. Ford feels that if these "old cars" are kept on the road that means less new car sales for them. Trust me when I say this because we have had direct dealings with Ford and the promotion of old Fords thru clubs, carshows, vendor parts/accessorys and promotional tools. In short the Ford people are snobs with a typical corporate mentality.

GofastRacer
    As cool as the galaxies ARE, I don't know if they quailify as a muscle car. Pretty heavy.
    A good friend of mine raced one for a couple years when Edwards was hosting drags. Had a big inch 460(over 500) and he just couldn't get it going.
    That was a nice hotrod though.
    Brian
    Hey Brian, I take it you never seen a 65-66 Galaxie with a 427 Tunnelport run huh, and yes they are heavy that what makes it amazing how they run. I think your buddy had issues with the car!..

MAXIMUS
    This statement. You imply that chevy dominates in numbers but not performance. I was asking you to support this statement with examples and facts.
    I might even agree with you, just want to know how you cam up with that statement??
    Boat racing rules are geared toward Chevy?? Wow, another statement that is out there. Certainly possible in a class or two, but consider ALL of boat racing... not true.
    Sorry, your last statement is just ridiculous. Yuppie boats?? Is that a trademark name? Interesting that you think anything over 22' "is not looked at as a boat to you". ALL boats are boats. All length's and type. I miss my 21' v-drive, but love being able to drive my 28' when the water is 3' to 4' and not be stuck on the beach. I am the farthest thing from a yuppie there is. There certainly are yuppies that own boats, doesn't make that boat a yuppie boat. How many yuppies own Fords or Chevy's? Does that mean all Fords and Chevy's are yuppie vehicles? You certainly have the right to like what ever style and size of boat you want. However, dont label other people's choices.
    Again, my posts are not Chevy verses Ford. I simply asked for clarification on some statements that were made and so far there has not been any.
    Maybe I could shed some light here for you... First off your boat is not only a yuppie boat but is typically owned by fags! :notam: Second off you show nuthing but pure ignorance with your dumb ass post by stating that your boat is owned by people who are not yuppies & don't eat alot of dick! Then you come on here & attack a well known member of the blue oval racing association & back it with nothing but talk about 4-6" of chop! WTF??? Now with that out of the way, I think it is just common knowledge that FORDS are #1 & everything else is gay & affordable! My mustang would kick ass on any stock caprice or 2500 suburban & you know it you bald headed duche bag! You can't argue & that is a "FACT" ... HOMO! Why don't you tell people about the "FACT" that you couldn't sack up & drive in the enduro... because you had a monster attack of roids... Chevys are for small minded pipe puffin g-string wearing, tanning salon men loving bald people like you!
    Any thing else I can help with...please feel free to ask!

steelcomp
    Maxi's in love.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast