Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Engine Masters Shaping up: Ford Kicking Butt

Blown 472
    I wonder what excuses the chevy boys will come up with on this one?
    DNE wasn't in it.

dmontzsta
    The chevy guys will stay clear of this thread, what are they going to say? They will just pretend it doesnt exist and move on... They will live to argue another day.

MikeF
    Is a 434 actually concidered a Big Block?! :crossx:

MikeF
    Kinda old, but this explains it better. (http://www.chiheads.com/jon_kaase_video.php):mix:

wsuwrhr
    Seems that MY Mopar was left out of the deal. I asked for some guidelines and suggested a few.
    Ya'll scared of some home built horsepower?
    Brian

FILUCKY
    Hey Mike, i fixed that post for ya, habbit i guess? Anyways thanks for the video it explained it great! From your video i gathered the Ford heads are so much better then the chev heads that they had too do hardly any work to them to totaly dominate the chevs...Thanks for the info.

steelcomp
    First, let me preface this by saying I'm now, and always have been, a die hard Ford guy. I've probably built more Fords than most of you combined (058 excluded) and will alwayas love my Blue oval. Having said that, the only thing that I see this contest proves is that these new rules seem to favor the Fords' stock design/configuration. Nothing more. It dosen't make it better, it just seems that it makes it more favorable to these conditions. However, I believe that the Chev. program for this contest was so far in one direction...(thought-wise and financially) to see how far one could push static compression and run an engine as close to detonation as possible, that it might take them a year to switch gears and get with the new program. Remember...up till now, the Ford guys had the same rules, and could do the same thing. The Ford guys have a lot of production R&D in their pocket what with the limited supply of aftermarket parts, and I'd say that's where the immediate advantage comes from. The Chevy guys haven't had to go as extensively into their "stock" R&D programs due to the lack of need. In superstock drag racing, much of the same R&D is performed that is used for the Enginemaster competition as far as cyl head development and cam profiling. Ford's been kicking butt in Super Stock for a while, but the Chev guys are catching on...more with their small block technology, but thye're catching on. Don't be surprised to see them here next year with a much better showing.
    But untill then, Blue Oval rocks!!

MikeF
    The Pontiac's (i.e. GM) peak #'s were still better than all of the Fords. :boxingguy
    Why would Kaase choose a dated GM over a dated Ford product for the competition? It would seem there are better choices out there. :wink:
    Just sayin....those Aftermarket Ford heads are plenty good.

MikeF
    to see how far one could push static compression and run an engine as close to detonation as possible,
    Scott, you might want to read this again.
    PISTONS AND RINGS
    Any commercially available aluminum pistons are acceptable. Custom-made, modified, and/or coated pistons are acceptable. Compression Ratio is limited to 10.5:1. Gas ports including vertical or horizontal are prohibited. The ring package must consist of two compression rings and a single oil ring.
    Whatever the Compression Ratio is the formulas to calculate Compression Ratio are as follows:
    Formula to calculate Compression Ratio is as Follows:
    CR= Heads cc's + Deck cc's + Gasket cc's + Piston cc's + (Displacement X 2.0483) ÷ Head cc's + Deck cc's + Gasket cc's + Piston cc's

steelcomp
    Should have made my post more clear...I was referring to previous EM contests where the CR's were rediculously high for any practical application except for this type of competition.Scott, you might want to read this again.
    PISTONS AND RINGS
    Any commercially available aluminum pistons are acceptable. Custom-made, modified, and/or coated pistons are acceptable. Compression Ratio is limited to 10.5:1. Gas ports including vertical or horizontal are prohibited. The ring package must consist of two compression rings and a single oil ring.
    Whatever the Compression Ratio is the formulas to calculate Compression Ratio are as follows:
    Formula to calculate Compression Ratio is as Follows:
    CR= Heads cc's + Deck cc's + Gasket cc's + Piston cc's + (Displacement X 2.0483) ÷ Head cc's + Deck cc's + Gasket cc's + Piston cc's

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast