Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Water pump w/belt drive cam

franky
    How do you run/mount a cam driven water pump with a Comp Cams belt drive setup? Thanks for the help (and pics?)

Bobby Knight
    You don't, or at least Ive never seen it done. I think most guys w/timing belts often run a remote electric water pump.

blowngas
    drive it off the crank using a dry sump pulley and belt setup

fc-pilot
    This is a fuel pump setup, but it is very similar. The Jesel belt drive will only work to drive a fuel pump (or water pump that has a fuel pump drive). The comp has three bolts just like the front of a standard cam so you could also do a typical water pump drive off of it. This is a pick of the Jesel setup with a fuel pump, but the principle is the same. I like the comp setup better myself.
    http://www.wannaberacing.com/bannister.jpg
    Paul

beaverfab
    I do not have any pictures but we took an old cast alum front cover and cut the top and bottom off just using the 4 holes next to the pump flange.

Brazos River Rat
    Jim had one on his Cole TR 4 this weekend. He took the regular cover for the cam driven pump and cut the top and bottom off. He had to shim it out from the block about a 1/4 inch to clear the belt drive . look pretty good.

wsuwrhr
    Looks pretty easy to make.
    Brian

82SANGER
    I know Lee Performance Products makes one for the Jesel.

WannabeRacing
    You use the same one that would work on a Jesel. Just holds off of four of the front cover bolts. Then a piece of aluminum between the four bolts and the pump bolts to that, (alligned in the center of the cam).The drive is the only thing that changes. Jesel drives suck, and the comp will let you bolt on any drive unit just like off the front of the cam, or a standard gear or chain drive. Then the adapter out front will hold the pump, and get the length of whatever to drive the cam and go.
    Easy to make, or easy to buy one already done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast