Thread: Crane roller rockers

infotraker
    I sent my Crane rockers to Crane to look at a problem with the front pins moving outward. They will replace the entire set for free (mine are Energizer series). They will upgrade the set to their Goldrrace series for $130.00. The engine is a BBC 468 , 990 heads, tunnel with 2 750's, 10.5 to 1 comp.,hydr. comp cam, Sanger pickle, used mainly for fun (skiing etc) with some high speed runs up to ~ 6000 rpm. I probably will upgrade to a solid cam (lost valve head this summer maybe due to valve float). Last owner ran a Isky solid cam model Z-55 (590 lift 300 duration, said engine was getting top of ~6500 rmp).
    Should I go with the rocker upgrade (or just get free ones). Any comments on the Isky Z-55 cam or maybe a better one ?
    Thanks
    [ October 09, 2003, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: infotraker ]

LeE ss13
    Don't know on the rockers, but if you are running square port heads, I would stay away from the Z-55. 108 Lobe Centers would kill the bottom end. If you've got the compression, run the Z-90 with the split duration. My $.02

Ratacole
    Info, I would take the upgrade seeing how you have had bad luck with the others. As far as the Z-55, I think Isky SUCKS, they may make a good cam but the customer service is in the shit house. I just went through a cam selection and what I came up with was Clay Smith Cams. The guy down there was great. Great service & fast turn around time. Hope this helps, Mike

Stab-n-Steer
    Info,
    I would upgrade the rockers. The gold race units are extruded 7075 which is at least twice as strong as die-cast aluminum... The issue however is price. According to the Summit catalog, the price difference between the Gold's and the Energizers is only $84.00...
    S&S

GofastRacer
    Get the Gold Race rockers, the Energizers are good for the street but they won't hold up under heavy duty use. The Gold's are well worth the extra $$$$$.

LeE ss13
    Crower, Enduro Stainless Steel Roller Rockers.

GofastRacer
    Those are excellent also!..