Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Dizzyland Question,,

Trailer Park Casanova
    We've been Annual Pass holders for about 15 years. Though the Eisner years sucked the character outta the place, we still go several times each year, take the RV and spend the nite.
    We visit outside of the boating season, most those days are blacked out anyway.
    Not once in that fifteen years has the Matterhorn Bobsleds been open.
    Always has the sign: "Closed for refurbishment".
    It was my favorite ride when I was a little kid and I've always wanted to take the kids on it.
    Days like today are good days to go,, so
    I got on line, check'd what rides are closed,, and sho' e'nuff, the Matterhorn, closed for refurbishment: http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...ue&parkDTD=tru
    Anyone here notice that too? Or is it just dumb luck we hit it at the wrong time, fifteen years running?

RitcheyRch
    Seems that ride is always down. One of my favorite rides as well.

jbone
    I guess I've been lucky. It has been open most of the time for my 2-3 annual trips.
    It was closed during my last trip about 1 month ago though. I think it will be down for some time for major renovations.
    J

Flyinbowtie
    We were there 3 years ago come Feb. the Matterhorn was open.
    I dunno TPC, maybe they no likey you...
    We are thinking about headin' south for Christmas, and the Magic Kingdom is on our list. Still haven't hit the Ca. Adventure.

socaldj1
    It was open last week.. I'm heading back there in the morning

Trailer Park Casanova
    Life must be good if that's all I have to gripe about.

Funny, I was just talking about closed rides with a co-worker who is heading to Disneyland next week. First thing he asked was if the Matterhorn was closed when I was there in June--it was open. I wonder if the fact that it is the oldest of the high speed rides there that leads to more maintenance/repair issues?
    On a side note, when did they take out the aerial tramway? Hadn't been to Disneyland since '88 and I can't remember if it was even running back then.

Trailer Park Casanova
    Funny, I was just talking about closed rides with a co-worker who is heading to Disneyland next week. First thing he asked was if the Matterhorn was closed when I was there in June--it was open. I wonder if the fact that it is the oldest of the high speed rides there that leads to more maintenance/repair issues?
    On a side note, when did they take out the aerial tramway? Hadn't been to Disneyland since '88 and I can't remember if it was even running back then.
    One reason we read about on a amustment park website was when the Matterhorn is closed, the shops in the area and food outlets do a higher business, plus thay have about 30 less employees they have to pay.
    The skyride vanished about 10 years ago.
    The website mentioned the Raider nation loved to spit, throw debris and swing from it, and the idiot who convieniently (sp?) fell out over the big tree in Fantasyland.
    The big problems were hourly, the solution was to remove it.

LUVNLIFE
    I'm a Raider fan and I never threw anything out of a tram or hung from one Nice way to connect Raider fans or football with Disneyland :yuk:

Desert Rat
    Don't most Raider fans live in Trailers and have season passes to D'land?? :crossx: I said most because I know the Luvnlife's don't live in a trailer and neither do I:rollside:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast