Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roostwear

Cas
    I think it's pretty sh*tty that Mike is being ridiculed for his decision. Why not ridicule the people that forced him to make the decision he did?
    When your a$$, home, and livelihood is on the line, I'm guessing most of you would do the same thing.
    I, for one, give Mike a LOT of credit for what he's done to help revive jet boats and other original hot boats!

victorfb
    Amen.

wsuwrhr
    I second that.
    Kinda of like throwing a party and inviting the people you want to show up.
    It is a free country.
    Brian

El Prosecutor
    Yeah! (But who is Mike?)

Squirtin Thunder
    Yeah! (But who is Mike?)
    Mike owns Roostwear.

I think it's pretty sh*tty that Mike is being ridiculed for his decision. Why not ridicule the people that forced him to make the decision he did?
    When your a$$, home, and livelihood is on the line, I'm guessing most of you would do the same thing.
    What's he being ridiculed about? Who forced him into what decision? Why is his ass on the line?
    What's going on?

Cas
    just read the "When is FC4" thread. The last post by Victor sums it all up very well.....excellent post!

1978 Rogers
    I, for one, give Mike a LOT of credit for what he's done to help revive jet boats and other original hot boats!
    ???
    I think Mike is killer, bought 1 hitch cover, 3 stickers, long & short t's from him. If someone has a problem with it, why don't they pickup Roostwear. All I can say is Roostwear Rocks.

moneysucker
    I understand where Mike is coming from. In a country where there are probably more lawyers than registered boat owners you can never be too careful. We have warnings on coffee cups telling you that the contents are hot for Gods sake due to a lawsuit. It takes only one wreck and an ambulance chasing lawyer and even if the boat driver was totally cool and would never think to sue, his family may. There is a certain degree of liability involved and without every attendee signing a waiver and then some you are still partially responsible somehow. You can still have a get together just change the name. Simple. Besides, do you really want a bunch of drunks on the beach as your safety crew? When we play it is responsibly with the pontoon boat out to pick up anyone who is tossed and most wear lifelines if not cheesy ski jackets. My $.02 because that is all I can afford.
    Cy

Cas
    I understand where Mike is coming from.
    I know exactly where Mike is coming from too....I'm living it with putting on a couple of outings a year. Everyone HAS to sign the Release of Liability before attending the Tower Park deals. The LBBA doesn't advertise, promote, condone or support any kind of racing, poker runs or any other type of function that may cause a participant to travel at an unsafe speed in their boat at any of it's outings. It's a pretty simple rule and after 5 years, it hasn't been a problem.
    My biggest concern has always been and always will be whether or not people are keeping the alcohol consumption down when out on the water. All it will take is one person to get into an accident while under the influence to ruin it for everyone else. Since I can't or won't keep an eye on everyone at each outing, I hope that people are able to police themselves to help prevent a mishap.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast