Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I love the corruption in Cali

CA Stu
    Vote No on proposition Yes.
    Thanks
    CA Stu

Thats not at all what I am saying, I was simply making a point that all props are supported by those with the big bucks. Which I believe to be correct. Who supports them does not decide for me how I will vote.
    The individuals/groups who support a proposition will include those who wrote it and financed the effort to put it on the ballot. They include the SAME individuals/groups who stand to benefit from it financially, if it passes. To "follow the money" is an appropriate part of assessing any of the initiatives put on the ballot.
    87 is really two major issues in one initiative. One, an additional tax on oil companies. The second, an investment of state money in "alternative" energy programs. Each should be looked at separately, and not tied together where you are forced to take both or neither. This(and most other initiatives) is an example of how the initiative process in our state, as well as most others, has come to be badly abused. It was never intended to be a vehicle for special interest groups to benefit themselves.
    Do not vote based solely on TV/radio/newspaper ads. Sit down and read the entire voters guide. You will get more facts there than in all the commercials in the world put together.

CA Stu
    Do not vote based solely on TV/radio/newspaper ads. Sit down and read the entire voters guide. You will get more facts there than in all the commercials in the world put together.
    As soon as I hear the word "tax", I vote no.
    95% or Propositions seem to be thinly veiled attempts at tax increases.
    Thanks
    CA Stu

MsDrmr
    87 is really two major issues in one initiative. One, an additional tax on oil companies. The second, an investment of state money in "alternative" energy programs. Each should be looked at separately, and not tied together where you are forced to take both or neither. This(and most other initiatives) is an example of how the initiative process in our state, as well as most others, has come to be badly abused. It was never intended to be a vehicle for special interest groups to benefit themselves
    I agree 100%, Old Squirt......100%, thats why I said to READ the info and make the best decision....

RitcheyRch
    Thanks for the information. If 87 passes we will all pay one way or another.

BoatPI
    The most interesting prop is the one asking for millions to build new schools and rehab others due to over crowding..Lets see, a set portion of all taxes go to schools, then the lottery money, ..gee do we have a problem due to children of illegals, COULD THAT BE THE OVERCROWDING ISSUE?????

Schiada76
    I rest my case
    For fcks sake.
    It's a TAX!!!!!! Chevon doesn't get the money.
    WE PAY THE TAX!
    There's a REASON gas is .50 cents cheaper in AZ right now.

I will be voting NO on 87.

Jyruiz
    I will be voting NO on 87.
    Ditto.

OGShocker
    And No on 87 is backed by Chevron.
    and regular folks who don't want the "tree hugger" tax my ass off Prop to pass...
    BTW, F.O.R.D.s SUCK!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast