Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I love the corruption in Cali

bigq
    I will be voting NO on 87.
    Roger Dodger...
    Now where was that oil stock certificate, hmmm......

OGShocker
    87 is really two major issues in one initiative. One, an additional tax on oil companies. The second, an investment of state money in "alternative" energy programs. Each should be looked at separately, and not tied together where you are forced to take both or neither. This(and most other initiatives) is an example of how the initiative process in our state, as well as most others, has come to be badly abused. It was never intended to be a vehicle for special interest groups to benefit themselves
    I agree 100%, Old Squirt......100%, thats why I said to READ the info and make the best decision....
    Some people should not vote. "State Money" is YOUR money!

CA Stu
    Some people should not vote. "State Money" is YOUR money!
    If it was a sound investment, people would be beating down the doors to get in on the ground floor, no?
    Cheers
    CA Stu

Dave C
    Using sentimental rubbish to get these crap to pass is no accident.
    One of my clients makes over a million a year by consulting on ballot propositions and bonds issues. He comes up with the sentimental marketing bologne that gets people to vote yes. (we help him cuz he need tax breaks. he makes too much $$$)
    Basically he does research on whether it would be more affective to use widows or orphans as the beneficiary of the funds. :rollside:
    he even brags on his website that his bologne is more affective than ordinary bologne.....
    he is playing us for a fool because corruption even if it is for a worthy cause is still corruption.
    ain't politics grand :rollside: :yuk:

Dave C
    amen stu
    If it was a sound investment, people would be beating down the doors to get in on the ground floor, no?
    Cheers
    CA Stu

GHT
    Just think all that California air will be fresh.. Then next time ya'll can vote on weather it should be illegal to fart....... Cause you know Methane causes Ozone and with all the people living in Southern Cali it really adds up.

RiverPirate
    It's real simple on most of the measures since theya are almost all new taxes or bonds ...which we all pay for anyway......Just say NO, NO, NO, NO........

Flyinbowtie
    I look at most of the ballot this way.
    If I haven't heard of an issue, beleive ther is a problem, and think I know of a proper solution to it LONG before the election season media blitzes come around, then I operate under the belief that every single prop on the ballot is some shyster's scamathon to get me to cough up more of my money for something they can't figure out a way to do.
    I operate under that belief until proven wrong.
    Usually, I ain't.
    Once in awhile stuff on there seems sorta legit.
    The problem is the esteemed elected officials have given away so much of our money for so long to curry favor with and leverage the votes of the masses of "disenfranchised/victimized" people, that they can no longer write the check to handle the stuff that the state needs to keep the doors open, the lights on, and the potholes in the freeway at least small enough to not completely consume some government-subsidized hybrid.
    As long as they continue to use my money for stuff I didn't ask for and stuff I don't want or need, I am never going to support any new bond, or other form of tax.
    When they prove to me that they can make sound fiscal decisions with the bazillions we are already being taxed for, then we'll talk.

CARLSON-JET
    Honestly as bad as it seems in Cali... You should look at what has gone on in IL. This place was founded on corruption. If a governor doesn't go to jail it is because he died first.. Every non-elect State, County and City offical that is somewhat high up is a good buddy or has serious dirt on the elected official that put them there. If I remember correct, we have the biggest deficit of all the states. Don't even get me started on the tollway system.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123