Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Boats on pinks?

I found an old thread in the v-drive forums...Its basically the same thing being discussed as here, although there is one interesting post from Scarlata, check it out...
    http://***boat.net/forums/showthread...ighlight=pinks

doesnt make it interesting if it is a boat put together for the show.What makes it is personal boats on the line!!
    Would remind me of streetracing where i need 10 boatspaces etc.you wont go no where Just run um HEADS UPS!!
    Besides my boat is too slow so i can give space either :crossx: :crossx: but its all motor
    Who is going to put there personal boat on the line? I know I wouldnt but Id bust my ass to build something with spare parts and put a bunch of nitrous to it to make it fast enough.
    Most of the guys on that show do the same thing, although there were a few episodes where some very nice cars were on the line, I thought those were the best episodes by far.

superdave013
    So no free braided line for the ***boat.com JustJets boat on Pinks?
    I will plumb the boat for a nice Logo in the deck and sides.
    We'll use Push Lok hose and fittings. Hey, that stuff is lighter.

superdave013
    No i dont know anyone personally Dave. I just read about it on some other sites where people ARE involved and have apparently lost their pinks. There was also a thread here on the boards somewhere (cant find it right now) where someone had contacted the bald guy who produces the show and he claimed everything you see is real and at the end of the day someone WILL lose their pink slip. I also recall him being interested in doing a show with boats.
    ok ok, when a hull is found I have some goodies to kick in too.

ok ok, when a hull is found I have some goodies to kick in too.
    All we need is a featherweight (300 lbs) wicked 18 or a socal boats 19' gullwing or daytona, worst case scenario we get a 19 southwind v-bottom out of the trader and gut it,flip it, straigthen the bottom, exent the center strakes all the way back like a gullwing throw a loud paint job on it and spray lots of nitrous to it and we'll be a contender.

Infomaniac
    Yea he has lost a lot of patience with negotiating. LOL
    Looks like there have been a lot on no shows too.
    It would be funny to see him swim out the start barge and give a standing start to a pair of boats.

You focker's got my blood pumping big time . One question though . Who and how is the money gathering to purchase going to take place. Otherwise count me in on the late night , long hour rigging fest.
    -beerjet-

I just remebered that last week I cut up a 20' biesmeyer splash hull and an 18' nordic . Sorry.
    -beerjet-

RCB19
    I know somebody that has a few parts recently available for the Pink Rocket... :skull:

moneysucker
    I say get it lined up and just buy a pile over the winter and throw enough NOS at it to win a couple rounds. I would be willing to do something with this. Could be fun.
    Cy

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast