Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: removing motor from pump

NautiII
    hey ya'll, i am taking the motor out of my boat. I have the motor free from the mounts, but now the pump shaft wont break free from the u-joints. any ideas? i have shake, rattled, beat everything, but no luck! it is supposed to just slide out when you move the motor forward. YEAH RIGHT!! lol

CMZRACING
    MAP GAS!!!

Moneypitt
    I would suggest using a long, (6') 2x4 to pry the motor forward. You can get a pry point down in the bottom by the jet intake and use the 2x to pry on the bellhousing area. Also make sure there is not any binding due to the angle of the engine. It seems that whoever installed your deal didn't use anti sieze or marine grease on the shaft, they do rust in there. Lower the motor as low as possible and give her a push, while tapping around the outside, it'll slip off............MP

sidewound
    After several hours of struggling with mine it was still kikin my a$$
    It was at that moment that I saw red....I kicked the dampener several times with my tennis shoe,
    (not smart but it did smart). :220v:
    Next I uttered a few classic words in a raised tone of voice and then with a strange sort of primal noise emitting from my diaghragm I siezed the filthy beast and started yankin on it hollerin and jumping. I yanked so hard that the front of the trailer was bouncing off the floor. Then just as fast as it began.. it was over.
    The splines seperated and the motor lunged at me. With an even louder scream I rolled over backwards between the seats and ended up under the dash leaving no small amount of flesh behind on various parts of the boat.
    After extricating myself from under the dash I took stock of the damage to my body and I didn't seem to be hurt much.
    I jumped up from the floor of the boat to celebrate my victory and caught my head in the cieling fan in the shop. BAP! BAP! BAP! Took 3 or 4 good hits from that sucka before it knocked me down on the floor of the boat again. :cry:
    After laying in the fetile position for several minutes I slowly crawled out of the boat, (keeping a very low profile) and went into the house to tell the wife how easily it came out.
    Hope it works for you! Good luck. Follow my instructions closely and you should be OK!
    Peace Man
    CESAR

maxwedge
    LMAO I'm looking forward to trying this in a few weeks

NautiII
    After several hours of struggling with mine it was still kikin my a$$
    It was at that moment that I saw red....I kicked the dampener several times with my tennis shoe,
    (not smart but it did smart). :220v:
    Next I uttered a few classic words in a raised tone of voice and then with a strange sort of primal noise emitting from my diaghragm I siezed the filthy beast and started yankin on it hollerin and jumping. I yanked so hard that the front of the trailer was bouncing off the floor. Then just as fast as it began.. it was over.
    The splines seperated and the motor lunged at me. With an even louder scream I rolled over backwards between the seats and ended up under the dash leaving no small amount of flesh behind on various parts of the boat.
    After extricating myself from under the dash I took stock of the damage to my body and I didn't seem to be hurt much.
    I jumped up from the floor of the boat to celebrate my victory and caught my head in the cieling fan in the shop. BAP! BAP! BAP! Took 3 or 4 good hits from that sucka before it knocked me down on the floor of the boat again. :cry:
    After laying in the fetile position for several minutes I slowly crawled out of the boat, (keeping a very low profile) and went into the house to tell the wife how easily it came out.
    Hope it works for you! Good luck. Follow my instructions closely and you should be OK!
    Peace Man
    CESAR
    Dude, that was hilarious!! interior is all out of the boat, the boat is outside in back of the shop, so, all I have to hit my body on is the steering wheel! I pushed, shook, did everything. still no luck!

What style motor mounts do you have and are you SURE you have all the bolts out? The driveline is just a 10-spline slip yoke into the pump.

NautiII
    What style motor mounts do you have and are you SURE you have all the bolts out? The driveline is just a 10-spline slip yoke into the pump.
    the motor is free, just swaying on the hoist. it is a 4 point mount.

OK. You always have the option of disconnecting the driveline from the engine.

NautiII
    OK. You always have the option of disconnecting the driveline from the engine.
    now, that is another problem. until I get the motor out, the allen head bolts are to close to the u-joint. cant get a big enough allen head in there!! always something!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast