Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hondo jet hydro

Cas
    I`m happy with the preformance I get out of mine.
    you better be, you only redesigned and redid the bottom to make it that way. Good looking boat though!

Jet Hydro
    Cas how right you are I`m the only one to figure out what they needed and it only took someone 25 years to do it....lmao Now I`m ready for more motor :220v:

Jet Hydro
    Gary
    yes, it did have a fuel motor in it. I`v talked with em many times while I was designing the bottom of my hydro. Nice guy and he was really open with me on what he did and what he had.
    This is the boat

sdba069
    That's a wreck looking for a place to happen. Being different is an okay thing, but relatively speaking, take the same power that you have in yours and drop it off in any half ass little tunnel or gull wing and run a second or more quicker and 10 miles per hour faster. Not trying to be mean to you Steve and I give you credit for staying the course with yours.

Gary
    yes, it did have a fuel motor in it. I`v talked with em many times while I was designing the bottom of my hydro. Nice guy and he was really open with me on what he did and what he had.
    This is the boat

Seeing the picture is mind blowing, to say the least. Can't help but wonder why, this was not the ultimate design. You have two sponsons holding the desired attitude, a small pod down the center of the boat to ride on. The only down side, is the CG changes as the boat climbs on the sponsons, but it's not like its a lake boat. Sounds like he had same success...Very cool though :rollside:
    Sleek

taxman
    Who will post pics for me???/

taxman
    anybody

sdba069

sdba069
    Within reason.

Jet Hydro
    That's a wreck looking for a place to happen. Being different is an okay thing, but relatively speaking, take the same power that you have in yours and drop it off in any half ass little tunnel or gull wing and run a second or more quicker and 10 miles per hour faster. Not trying to be mean to you Steve and I give you credit for staying the course with yours.
    Gary speaking form someone that has been there a time or two I can say that you have no clue to what you are talking about. Not trying to pick shit with ya but you have no clue as you didn't really didnt do anything with the one you worked on. It`s easy to say it wont work or "it`s a wreck looking for a place to happen" when you couldn't or cant figure out how to make one work. I`v ran mine out of the water and I`v ran it flat. From what I have found out, the best ride is with the sponsons just ticking the water and the tail up on the intake.Takes a lot of motor to run one with the sponsons wet and then you take a chance of digging one in on a roller. The only problem I have found with mine now that the bottom is done is the weight. If I could take off about 300lbs I`d be a lot happier. I say they can be a good fun boat as I have one, but like anything else "you have to use your head or it can bite you in the ass!"
    BTW:: my motor was in a tunnel and only ran in the 10`s, I can run high 10`s so there`s not much difference other then I have a 800lb hull and he had a 400lb hull. Do the math and figure it out.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast