Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hondo jet hydro

sdba069
    Easy there Steve. I compliment you for sticking it out, although I would have spent my time and money somewhere else. As far as the comment on "a wreck looking for a place to happen", just look at the picture, that pretty much covers that. I'm not your enemy, just stating fact. Good luck and success with yours.

Jet Hydro
    Gary it`s all good here
    I`v had the same ride myself so I know what it`s like and how it feels. It`s far from a wreck looking for a place to happen as matter of fact I would rather have a hydro lift then a V Bottom or a tunnel hull. Never heard of a Jet Hydro crashing have ya??????
    This one was a bad set up but I still won the race and drove it out the back door

This one I was fender racing and hit the gas hard at 1000 foot to take the win. I had a good set up but as you know when you give a jet boat a shot of HP it tends to lift the nose.

sdba069
    The guy who bought mine spun it out and hit another boat, destroying both of them. He was showing his ass running by his buddies boat pretty much wide open. On his last fly-by, he thought he was a little too close and backed out of the gas thinking he would steer away, and OOOPPPSS. He was banged up pretty good after being ejected from his boat and hitting the other boat, but survived. I think there may have been a six pack and some semi nude ladies involved. I think that happened on Lake Murray near Ardmore, Ok a few years ago. I heard what was left of it had ended up in Kansas or Missouri with intentions of repair, but never heard any more about it.

Jet Hydro
    Maybe I`m just lucky? or maybe I`m good? All I know is that I`v had some pretty good luck with mine and never came close to crashing. :220v: Knock on wood
    PS.... you might tell that guy to never lift if you have to turn in a jet boat

sdba069
    Hope you never do !

gimme-three-steps
    I have always loved the hull, the brendella is another one that is beautifull to watch.

mj680
    That was a Sanger Tunnel/Hydro not a Hondo Hydro
    Dean Willis held the NDBA Blown Fuel Jet Record in a Sanger Jet Hydro At 133+ MPH in about 1974.Dean went on to build these boats as a Willis Jet Hydro.I don't know what kind of deal he had with Sanger Jack.

Jet Hydro
    it`s been a few years but Dean told me he had to build some kind of air dam in the tunnels or something to control the air in his race boat. Cant really remember what he said because he told me that his boat was nothing like mine as he took an old tunnel hull he had and made it look like a Hydro. I asked him why he built it that way and he said that only reason was that he knew that the tunnel hull worked and wanted to build something that looked like a Hydro. I had some pictures of a Sanger bottom but cant seem to remember what file they are in. He told me the story on how they became Sanger Hydro`s but I cant remember all of it. Old Timers has set in I guess....lol..
    He`s a pretty nice guy and loves to talk boats.

djdtpr
    Jet Hydro bring your big bad blown single seat boat to the river sometime i have a buddy that will smoke that thing with a single carbed gullwing any day of the week.With all the seats in his!I would almost be embarest to run in the HIGH 10's or 11's with a straight up drag boat.Step off your high horse and shut the f#ck up cause you are a friggin idiot.
    Late

Jet Hydro
    Well I have a guy that knows a guy that his dad has a friend and his grand dad has a friend who`s mother has a TFH she drives on the weekends that will blow your friends shit box out of the river.
    Grow up Mr ED.
    BTW.. the hydro is at the lake almost every weekend, so show up or STFU.
    I thought I`d help you count Mr ED
    it`s a friggin Lake boat I race you "friggin idiot"!!!!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast