Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: two speed prop

Wild Horses
    The guy at the shop says if i pay for one prop he will let me keep changing them until i find the one i like.
    Where are you going for your prop, Jeff at Marine Prop?
    Marine products in SLC on 17th has the best selection of rental props, and all of your rental goes toward the purchase of a new prop.
    I agree with everyone else you must know your rpm to be able to select the correct prop for your boat.
    If you need anything in the top of Utah just PM me.
    Clint

84 camaroturbo
    thanks i live in logan the place is called lee's marine.

Wild Horses
    thanks i live in logan the place is called lee's marine.
    Man you are screwed, :skull: there are no real good boat shops in Logan. Are you looking at a Mercury prop or a off brand.
    If you look at my siggy you can tell I live as much as possible at Bear Lake.
    By the way is Lee's in Hyrum?

WaterBox
    I feal sorry for all you guys that live up there. :yuk: Cold weather and SNOW SUCKS. It's a good place to be FROM. I was born and raised up there, so I know what you guy's are going through. Lake Havasu now.
    84.c Reading your post I take it that you have already blown your drive once. So if it was rebuilt "complete and proper" It would probably handel the few extra ponys that some engine mod's would give ya, If driven "Respectively and Responsibly"

84 camaroturbo
    lee's is in hyrum he is a good guy. the boat is weird it is a 1983 with a 1989 350 in it. it was my moms and her exboyfriends he is a dipshit and him and his friend supposedly fixed the out drive ounce. so he is gone and boat has sat for 2 years and she just gave it to me.

Wild Horses
    I feal sorry for all you guys that live up there. :yuk: Cold weather and SNOW SUCKS. It's a good place to be FROM. I was born and raised up there, so I know what you guy's are going through. Lake Havasu now.
    84.c Reading your post I take it that you have already blown your drive once. So if it was rebuilt "complete and proper" It would probably handel the few extra ponys that some engine mod's would give ya, If driven "Respectively and Responsibly"
    I average about 5 trips to Havasu a year, Early and late in the summer. (first trip will be march 9th - 12th) We try to hit Powell a bunch of times, but in the heat of the season every weekend at Bear Lake.
    I agree with WaterBox, I had a 89 Advantage 20.5 classic with a 320 horse 350ci with a alpha drive. Never had any problems. Light boats come on plane easier and you don't have to mash the throttle.

84 camaroturbo
    like i said the guy who rebuilt that out drive didnt know what he was doing. i also need manifold risers for the exhaust mine are 4inch that comeout the top then come straight out the back. if any one has any or know were to get some thanks.

ECeptor
    Us this site (http://www.go-fast.com/boat_speed_predictions.htm) to back calculate and estimate what pitch your current prop is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12