Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Comments from Jack Weller at Lake Anna

hot_rod
    So there is yet another post about this whole thing. How about something from the other "Founders"? Hammer, do you have anything to add other than a passive comment? Rat, anything? Tim? Tim? Helloooooo? JetMech??? Nitro???
    Hmmm... How quickly we forget
    Pax anyone? :idea:

Wet Dream
    Hmmm... How quickly we forget
    Pax anyone? :idea:
    Quite the contrary. No, I didn't forget about you, Bomber or DiMarco or good old BobS, but chose to leave the names out due to the recentness of the issues or lack of involvement.
    When did you have in mind to boat the Pax?

MizBubba
    Sigh.
    Keith, I'm sure you, like the majority of us, have felt this coming for a long time...
    Jack's involvement is not the cause of the problem... it's just the catalyst.
    I'm tired of this being turned around on him, because in my eyes it isn't right.
    I propose that any future discussion about 'BOTE' disagreements be posted under a seperate thread, to dissuade further misconceptions.

jets4me
    well said kieth now lets end this madness i know one thing there has been some big words slung around here big long words

nitro557
    So there is yet another post about this whole thing. How about something from the other "Founders"? Hammer, do you have anything to add other than a passive comment? Rat, anything? Tim? Tim? Helloooooo? JetMech??? Nitro???[/QUOTE]
    i really have nothing to say or add,if i go to any of the events it will be just to party with good friends,to boat or not to boat isnt an option so why would my opinion on a boating event matter?
    on a different subject its go cart season guys

JOHNNYBEGOOD
    Let me chime in on this for a second.
    First off, I have been on these fourms for some time now. I have read just about everything that has been written in the fourm. I have followed the BOTE through these fourms from the begining.
    Now, while I have been on the fourms for so long I have never been to one of the BOTE events. It's just has never worked out to where I could get away from work. I have followed your trips to Lake Anna, Harvra de Grace, Raystown Lake, Buckeye lake, and lake James through your postings in this fourm. Please keep posting your pictures.
    My take on things are as follows:
    I do not think Jack was intending to step on any toes. By the way I read his words it sounded like he wanted to take some of the pressure off of the organizers of the June outing. The dates have been close to the same from the begining. Remember the battle over changing it to Fathers Day weekend one time, sheesh what a stir that was. Tim, maybe he should have called you to go over his ideas but I for one would welcome any help that he would offer.
    Again, I have never been to any of your events. I am sure that the smaller ones are more intimate. I know what it is like on the Upper Potomac ( dam #4) when we get 8 or so boats up river into the shallows. You get to talk to everyone, check out their rides, drink a couple beers, and make some noise. But come on, what do you expect when you advertise on a public fourm that thounds of boaters read? It will pick up steam as the word gets around. There is no way to keep it an intimate group. Deal with it. There are a lot of weekends that you can have the small group get togethers, your little clicks.
    Lodging is a big issue at Lake Anna. I do not have a clue why there are so few motels in the area. I understand the reasining for looking for another lake for that reason alone. But look how many boats are showing up each year. The boaters are dealing with the lack of lodging so why should it be of great concern? Afterall it seems like many want to tone it down a bit, the lack of lodging may just do that.
    Anyway, this is just my take on things as I see them. I will try my best to make it to Lake Anna this year ( I have a place to stay already).
    John

mrswetdream3
    [QUOTE=JOHNNYBEGOOD]Let me chime in on this for a second.
    First off, I have been on these fourms for some time now. I have read just about everything that has been written in the fourm. I have followed the BOTE through these fourms from the begining.
    Now, while I have been on the fourms for so long I have never been to one of the BOTE events. It's just has never worked out to where I could get away from work. I have followed your trips to Lake Anna, Harvra de Grace, Raystown Lake, Buckeye lake, and lake James through your postings in this fourm. Please keep posting your pictures.
    We have been through alot over the years. I belive we got together about 11-01. some of us have seen so many people come and go over the years. The fun and people with boats stay the same. keep it true is all i ask!

fakethis
    Johnny hope pops gets your pump back together so you can go next year.

hot_rod
    Lets play nice
    I don't know if this has been said (too much crap to wade through) but if it is decided that the BOTE event is located elsewhere this year and Jack wants to keep something going at Anna they should be on different weekends and the Father event (BOTE) should have first right to any weekend especially if it's the traditional weekend. That way anyone who wants to go to both can.
    I have always thought it would be nice to move the event around change of scenery is always nice.
    Now let me go climb back under my rock

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast