Thread: intake manifolds

v-drive
    I'm looking for a manifold for my re-worked 455 now 468.
    When the engine was in the (I hate this word)
    jet I put on a performer and a 750. It was worse
    than the stock one. I ditched the jet and found
    a 66 lavey craft looking for a new lease on life.
    I was able to get in touch with Dave Smith engineering and found that my olds was in fact
    a very rare performance engine. We have changed
    the cam and I was wondering if anyone has tried
    anything short of a blower on these engines.
    thanks for your time. Ben

BrendellaJet
    what size cam? These pieces need to match, otherwise you end up with a cam designed to give you bottom end grunt, and an intake that doesn't breath until the cam runs out of gas. What compression ratio do you plan to run, what heads do you have(some olds heads are not performance pieces. Before you put in that cam make sure you have a set of the good ones- I've read the C & F castings are best, with the K, H & D being lesser performers-they will need some attention, but you may want to do some research to make sure the heads you have are matched to your cams capabilities.The performer intake you have is a good intake. If the cam you have chosen makes power at a different RPM level than the intake then you should change, otherwise it is wasted money. Find the specs on the cam before you select the intake. Lift, duration, lobe separation are all variables that need to be considered. Lastly, make sure that if you are planning to make more than stock power that you look into upgrading to an exhaust that is capable of handling the new lungs.

v-drive
    Thanks BJ but I that is what DSE said except
    the performer isn't so special. I was hoping
    for some input from someone with olds experiance.
    oh yeah I forgot. v-drives rule!
    [ September 05, 2002, 04:50 AM: Message edited by: v-drive ]

BrendellaJet
    well, like I said, if you dont give people the specs, they cant help you, which can clearly be evidenced by the response you have had with this question. Hahahaha. Im gonna make that olds look like a boat anchor!

v-drive
    No you won't and furthermore I did it with a lot
    less money. Eat that bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!

BrendellaJet
    okay, then lets race, today. I can be at elsinore in two hours. I'll wait for you there. Whats that? your boat wont go? okay, well as long as it doesn't go, then you haven't done shit. And actually, you have to take into consideration that other boat you destroyed as part of the cost of this boat. Since you only got $300 for the hull, it looks like you paid about $3700 for that motor, plus whatever you have into your current hull and machine work+parts. Looks like you are into it for a little more than you think.

FLYTE RISK
    BrendellaJet:
    okay, then lets race, today. I can be at elsinore in two hours. I'll wait for you there. Whats that? your boat wont go? okay, well as long as it doesn't go, then you haven't done shit. And actually, you have to take into consideration that other boat you destroyed as part of the cost of this boat. Since you only got $300 for the hull, it looks like you paid about $3700 for that motor, plus whatever you have into your current hull and machine work+parts. Looks like you are into it for a little more than you think.Brendella jet obviously you have strayed a little to far from home (jet boat forum)(bench racers)take that jet to ming and I will race you with my slow ass boat eek! wink wink

Thunderbutt
    BrendellaJet:
    okay, then lets race, today. I can be at elsinore in two hours. I'll wait for you there. Whats that? your boat wont go? okay, well as long as it doesn't go, then you haven't done shit. And actually, you have to take into consideration that other boat you destroyed as part of the cost of this boat. Since you only got $300 for the hull, it looks like you paid about $3700 for that motor, plus whatever you have into your current hull and machine work+parts. Looks like you are into it for a little more than you think.Before you leave town, break your Computer. If Irv knew that Mike would have taken the company into making JJJEEEET_T boats he would shit.