Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kudos to Guru

Sangerboy
    Well I figured out the problem with the pink boat. After revving the snot out of it and only doing about 90 Guru asked me if the gears were in backwards ( smaller gear on top) I adamantly denied this because " I had watched it being assembled" and "had counted the teeth". Well, while driving back home on the 5 I was relating all this information to Eraser and he informed me that my memory was faulty and that I was confusing my V-drive with his. He had only shown me his new gears and I had not watched it being reassembled. Anyway after work today I came home, removed the plugs ( very pleased that the tune on the motor was just about perfect), put it in gear and rotated the engine one turn while marking the shaft keyway position. You guessed it,the prop was being underdriven not overdriven. Well the fix is easy enough, I'll have it back together to test at Casitas Friday morning. And you should see the pink Daytona with a bit more top end speed on Sunday at Irvine Good call Tony

smalls
    Sangerboy:
    Well I figured out the problem with the pink boat. After revving the snot out of it and only doing about 90 Guru asked me if the gears were in backwards ( smaller gear on top) I adamantly denied this because " I had watched it being assembled" and "had counted the teeth". Well, while driving back home on the 5 I was relating all this information to Eraser and he informed me that my memory was faulty and that I was confusing my V-drive with his. He had only shown me his new gears and I had not watched it being reassembled. Anyway after work today I came home, removed the plugs ( very pleased that the tune on the motor was just about perfect), put it in gear and rotated the engine one turn while marking the shaft keyway position. You guessed it,the prop was being underdriven not overdriven. Well the fix is easy enough, I'll have it back together to test at Casitas Friday morning. And you should see the pink Daytona with a bit more top end speed on Sunday at Irvine Good call Tony I hate when that happens! How did the boat leave like that? see ya at Irvine,,,,,, wink
    [ October 07, 2003, 06:31 AM: Message edited by: smalls ]

Whats Up SMALLS? [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/119jacked-o-lantern_1_.JPG[/img]

smalls
    Hud:
    Whats Up SMALLS? [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/119jacked-o-lantern_1_.JPG[/img] Mornin Hud! That is a great picture! I'm gonna save that one.
    Did you make it to putah?

Sangerboy:
    Well I figured out the problem with the pink boat. After revving the snot out of it and only doing about 90 Guru asked me if the gears were in backwards ( smaller gear on top) I adamantly denied this because " I had watched it being assembled" and "had counted the teeth". Well, while driving back home on the 5 I was relating all this information to Eraser and he informed me that my memory was faulty and that I was confusing my V-drive with his. He had only shown me his new gears and I had not watched it being reassembled. Anyway after work today I came home, removed the plugs ( very pleased that the tune on the motor was just about perfect), put it in gear and rotated the engine one turn while marking the shaft keyway position. You guessed it,the prop was being underdriven not overdriven. Well the fix is easy enough, I'll have it back together to test at Casitas Friday morning. And you should see the pink Daytona with a bit more top end speed on Sunday at Irvine Good call Tony UnderdrivenSangerDude - That's funny...Hope the trip and birthday were fun!
    Now you see why I'm always hanging around the guru. Like a dry sponge soaking up the knowledge.
    In fact, Guru is so badass, he told a "K boat guy" that he could race and beat him driving the other guy's K boat!! jawdrop

Quickshot
    thats SOOOOO wrong ITS ALL MOST FUNNY WISEMAN ONCE SAY "NEVER LET ANOTHER MAN(TFS) DRIVE YOUR BOAT ,CAUSE HE'LL DO IT BETTER THAN YOU"

Quickshot
    WHATS A KUDO

schiada96
    Quickshot:
    WHATS A KUDO candy bar-duh

Sangerboy
    ssmike:
    UnderdrivenSangerDude - That's funny...Hope the trip and birthday were fun!
    Hey Mike, Other than the v-drive issue I had a great time. I got to take Stephanie out to eat on her birthday Sunday before I went home. Sorry you couldn't make it, you missed her Camaro, she drove it up on Saturday afternoon and hung out for an hour or so.

Quickshot:
    WHATS A KUDO One Kudo is worth 10 "Attaboy" awards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast