O.K. it could have been worse, but I was supposed to have been taking my 21' Schiada down to Fresno today to have Dustin Whipple install one of his chargers and convert it to EFI.
The day starts out with a meeting that I had to attend, which was supposed to last a hour then hook up my boat and head south for about a three hour drive. Well of course the meeting lasts three hours before I finally just excuse myself, it is my company and my clients, but hell this is my boat!
So my buddy is waiting for me and now quite pissed off. We get the boat hooked up and are now ready to go. A quick check of the trailer lights on the Ellis trailer (which I have never had a problem with) and I am hear from my buddy, "nothings working". Shit, this is a three hour drive down hwy 99 and my trailer lights arn't working?
Anyway we figure out the problem is that my Ford dealer put the wrong wire harness on my truck when they replaced my bumper, so now I just rewire the harness and well now it's too late to head to Fresno. So we decide to just take the boat to my house that I bought last year (it had been at a storage place) so we could leave early come Monday. Now this is a place that I bought last year and spent about eight monthes remodeling, so I have never had my boat at my house before.
As I am pulling off the main road down my little access road, like a ****ing idiot talking on the cell phone, I hear this crunch! and I see in my rearview my trailer fender bashed into the neighbors fence! I'vw had boats for twenty years and have never touched anything with a trailer. What a day!
So it wasted my trailer fender, but didn't touch my boat, bashed my cell phone into several pieces and didn't make it to Fresno, so if the weather here in Nor Cal holds up I'm going to Berryessa tomorrow and Fresno on Monday.
Just wanted to vent.
Eric.