Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Schiada horror story

Stab-n-Steer
    Next time you go to Putah let me know, I'll meet you there. Man, you are my hero! THREE V-drives! Where do you keep 'em?
    S&S

69 Elim
    Being a Central CA guy, I usually make it up to Berressa a couple of times a year. I've heard o lost isle, but never been. Can you safely take a flatty there, or just bigger boats. At Berryessa I've been to Spanish Flats but next time I'll think maybe Putah Creek.

Stab-n-steer, You got it! A Berryessa trip is in the near future, its getting to that time of the year. I'll give ya a call at the first sign of sunshine, just need your number. 69Elim, I would NOT recommend taking a flat to Lost Isle, esp. a low profile flat. Docking is limited, water can get rough and its usually overrun with big boats, mostly offshore type. The place was so wild at one time the sherriff wanted it shut down completly and almost suceeded. You do NOT want to take the wife and kids to Lost Isle on a weekend...any weekend.

Stab-n-Steer
    Bigger boats won't fit in the harbor at Lost Isle. It's crazy on weekends. Lots of T&A.
    Do you have a Delta Map? If not I can give directions.
    S&S

EricU
    Lost Isle is no place for a low profile flat, some of the more well to do locals run some pretty big (and fast) boats through some small channels and can get the water pretty rough. That's one of the reasons that I now have my Schiada instead of the squirt boats that I used to run.
    Lost Isle isn't that bad a place, you could bring your wife no problem, but it is like bringing sand to the beach!
    Eric.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12