Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: K-boat news!

CircleJerk
    This may be old news for some of you. BUT!!! It's official: K boats can run APBA! Rule change #3 Capsules are now (recommended) not required for Ks! Also recommended for PS,SS, & cracker box!
    If you have a reinforced cockpit or capsule a full time air system must be there, working!
    This is not word for word but a general jErKs interpretation. (understandably confusing, but not entirely incorrect or misquoted)
    Taken from the APBA web site:
    Capsules cant be justified when you consider accidents, more fatalities are found in PS, SS, SK, and GN classes so KRRs have a better safety record! Eight fatalities within these classes have resulted since 1976 to 2004.
    Further Facts: 1. SS and PS boats have run faster than Ks. 2. the length to power ration is higher in a Cracker Box. 3. IHBA presently has 11 Ks and APBA has 5. 4. cost to an inboard capsule is 10,000 as compared to 2-3,000 for a hydroplane. 5. You cant race with only 5 boats!
    This should bring the Ks to Burley and many more race sites for 2006!
    The BALL is in your court gentlemen! And the K427 is sold?! Let the celebration begin!
    Sincerely, jErKinHein

wrath of cron
    I'm an east coastie so......will the powers that be reconsider the skiff cage rule????? 1) ps, ss, cracker, and about every racing class in apba has gone faster 2) power to length....right stock 305s in 16' bath tubs 3) in the HISTORY of skiffs Fred Holms is the only fatality 4) year before cage 25 (?) skiffs in valleyfield, since then there are not 25 in the nation. oh well just a late night fantisy

SGettmann
    Any resources for learning about the differences between the various classes. What's the seperators between GNs, SS, PS, K's, etc. Thanks
    I think understanding this will make my race weekend in Burley more enjoyable as a spectator and fan.
    Thanks!

superdave013
    looks like the APBA is after some of the IHBA pie. I will go out on a limb here and say that if it was not for the great IHBA K boat program the APBA would not have made that rule change.
    What about the engines? I know the IHBA has cubic inch limits and the 8-71 @ so much over limit on alky. Are the APBA K's still going to be unlimited as far as engine size, blower size (& overdrive) and fuel?
    Next question:
    Can Tony win high points in both IHBA and APBA K classes. lol you know he is gonna try.

Riverkid
    Just saw the pics of Jim turning over the Miss Evil Ways K in HB. How did he come out of that? How bad was the boat?..

BILLY.B
    Just saw the pics of Jim turning over the Miss Evil Ways K in HB. How did he come out of that? How bad was the boat?..Jim's left arm got alittle banged up but he was back out with the boat for the final. Talk about dedication. He has my vote.

BILLY.B
    This may be old news for some of you. BUT!!! It's official: K boats can run APBA! Rule change #3 Capsules are now (recommended) not required for Ks! Also recommended for PS,SS, & cracker box!
    If you have a reinforced cockpit or capsule a full time air system must be there, working!
    This is not word for word but a general jErKs interpretation. (understandably confusing, but not entirely incorrect or misquoted)
    Taken from the APBA web site:
    !
    Sincerely, jErKinHein Sounds like a Nascar statment. Nascar said the same thing about neck restraints until the Earnhardt incident at Datona. How many K's are back east?. Seeing as most of the APBA BIG EVENTS are back there maybe this will open the door to have more of them here....(NATIONALS). And if you really want to know the truth JeRkInHeIn the K's were pretty much a dead issue until the NKRA and all the talk on these forums came about. Just my .02. Hopefully this all works out for the best.

olbiezer
    hb had some really spectacular pics of the k 8 rolling over.....looked as if the seat was holding the driver in as it went over......glad he was ok......and of course little to no coverage of the cricle boats ( just a mention is all)

gnRacer98
    Jerk,
    I think your a little ahead of yourself. What you read was a rule PROPOSAL. It won't be official until presented and voted on at the national meeting in Ft. Lauderdale, which isn't until next week.
    Anybody that wishes to see this rule had better be at the meeting, I'm pretty sure it'll be an uphill fight. It will likely be a Hydro vs Runabout deal and the Hydro guy's usually show up in big numbers.

Moneypitt
    I heard some scuttlebutt about this at the PArker race in Nov of last year. It was kinda in the works then, but there was engine and overdrive restrictions mentioned along with the proposal, simular to the revised GN rules pertaining to the blowers. I'm with GN98 here, a proposed rule change has a long way to go, and I kinda doubt the part about the SS and PS boats running faster than the Ks...................MP

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast