Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: K-boat news!

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    So true, so true, man, you really looked good at over 140, but, tonight sharing RRII with JD, Robbie, Blonde, and George. Mr. Nordling made an interesting observation: Your runs were very short, say maybe 1/4 mile it appears and if you were on a real race course your speed should have been faster! Unless that was trick photography! Nice passes even with the mixed up cylinders, that thing is a rocket! Thanks again Californian boaters for keeping us eskimos warm in January. Great job Jerry!
    Remember, its just a "river" boat.
    and thanks CJ!

Sked
    The K boat capsule issue is being debated within the Inboard Race Commission as we speak. With the listing of flatbottom accidents/fatalities included in Duff's proposal, it has also resparked the debate of mandating capsules for all flatbottom classes. The proposal will be discussed further and voted on at the national meeting which takes place at the end of this week. Beside getting the IRC to approve Duff's proposal, it will also need to be approved by the APBA's Board of Directors, which is highly unlikely.

dossangers
    Even if the apba allows open K's there are so few ''COMPETITIVE '' K drivers out there nothings going to change! I think we run faster on the river than most of the K races anyway! But the Key thing is its just Fun not the hard core COMPETITIVE edge that takes you over the top!! I think its all about the SHOW anyway! Glad we can help JeRkiNhiEmEr!!

BILLY.B
    So true, so true, man, you really looked good at over 140, but, tonight sharing RRII with JD, Robbie, Blonde, and George. Mr. Nordling made an interesting observation: Your runs were very short, say maybe 1/4 mile it appears and if you were on a real race course your speed should have been faster! Unless that was trick photography! Nice passes even with the mixed up cylinders, that thing is a rocket! Thanks again Californian boaters for keeping us eskimos warm in January. Great job Jerry! It wasn't trick photography JeRk. But i'd be the first to tell anyone that I really don't care how fast the deal runs I drive it as fast as I have to go. It does pull a 54 gear with an 11 x 16 at 7600 rpm. And when at the river I always keep in mind that if something did go wrong I don't want to be to far out of sight. As far as the mixed up cylinders I run the engine pretty fat. It cleans up on the big end and would probably be quicker if I leaned the engine out. Problem being that my pockets aren't as deep as yours... :rollside:

Moneypitt
    Billy, like I said from the first post, 140+ in a short run, no where near the Kilo that Gordie ran setting the record. I have seen the area, up close and personal, and you my friend were hauling the mail in a very short distance. I think Gordies record is in trouble if APBA goes with the Duff rule change, and Wayne,buddy, you would be surprised at the drivers that will come out of the woodwork IF the rules are changed. Where are they now you may ask, IHBA drag venues are quite different than APBA races where the boats compete on a real circle boat course. No one would expect an immediate full blown class, but if you have a K race within APBA, they will come........Got any shoes in mind for the K50???? That would be just too cool, a full field of NKRA boats setting the standard for the western division. Burley with Ks, what a concept.....Ray

BILLY.B
    Gordy & I go round and round all the time (at each other). And he's a great friend. But by no means do I have the experience that it would take to be a competitive driver in a K-boat. Running fast at the river is a totally different deal then in a race and I know that. That said... going to Burley to be competitive just wouldn't be fisable. Now going to Burley to have fun and run the boat would be a different story. I've been in the sport long enough to know that going into a corner with 6 or 7 different boats at one time is tough. Not to mention worrying about getting my boat SCRATCHED!!!! :rollside: .

Gordy & I go round and round all the time (at each other). And he's a great friend. But by no means do I have the experience that it would take to be a competitive driver in a K-boat. Running fast at the river is a totally different deal then in a race and I know that. That said... going to Burley to be competitive just wouldn't be fisable. Now going to Burley to have fun and run the boat would be a different story. I've been in the sport long enough to know that going into a corner with 6 or 7 different boats at one time is tough. Not to mention worrying about getting my boat SCRATCHED!!!! :rollside: .
    Come on cheif, what are you thinking??
    You know there is not enough time to detail your boat betweem heats, much less get a snack before you go out again.

Moneypitt
    Billy, there is no man or beast that would dare scratch your boat.....And I wasn't refering to you driving competitively, you've already explained your reasons not to. I was just saying that IF the Ks do come back, technology has marched forward and Gordie ran that fast all those years ago, it is quite possible that his record could fall, not saying it would be easy, but possible. Even if the NKRA boats could only give the crowd something to get excited about at APBA races, something that hasn't been possible since the capsule rule. I know you guys like to show your boats, and the fans love to see them. Even if just playing around, it would be a gas........Again, I foresee K drivers coming thru the ranks of APBA, just like it use to be........This attempt by Duff to revive the K class may take awhile, even if the rule does change, AND you are well aware of the money for racing situation, which will make it even tougher to attract the existing west coast Ks when IHBA has been there for them when APBA said NO OPEN BOATS..........I just hope this works into something in the future, it has to help the sport all across the board....Ray

dossangers
    Ray phoenix is a real circle race course ! Pin course just like the beach! Also my boats TOO SLOW to compete!! :rollside: :rollside:

Moneypitt
    Wayne your boat could compete, hell its all there, and loves to run in the shit, what else does it need?.........And the only IHBA circle deal I've seen was Red Bluff, with the drag bouys all over the short course. I haven't seen the course at Firebird since 90 or 91, So I didn't know the course. I figured it would be something like Red Bluff, mixed in with the drag course. I also lost alot of respect for IHBA after the way they handled the K711 deal. As I've said, I just hope this works out, and the Ks run a few APBA venues along with their IHBA deal. And of course the NKRA guys showing off as well........Ray
    PS : How about a cacklefest on the grass in front of the Burley INN?
    (no covered wagon races though)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast