Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Banks turbo set up questions.

obnoxious001
    You might contact Obnoxious001, he used to work at Banks during that era.
    Hmm,, that makes me sound ancient, but then again, I worked at Rex Marine before you bought it too.
    I do have pretty good recall on the Banks information, even though I don't have printed instructions, happy to share what I know.

obnoxious001
    , I think i am going to pull the turbo's and enlarge the bypass holes, to much boost for pump gas!
    I would try going to a 5/8" bypass, not quite sure why you are making so much boost with a 1/2" hole. I don't recall Banks sending out anything larger than 5/8" bypass when I worked there, and you are running the same TCS 7 cam and 990 heads that would have been run and/or suggested at the time. Some of the kits went onto "stock" marine LS6 engines that had forged pistons, 8.8-1 compresson, but his higher performance level engines had Arias 7-1 reverse deflector pistons installed.

Hi Dr. Jay , I'm the guy who is running the banks set up at lake Texoma. I'm running them with two waste gates that can be turned down to 10psi or up to 25psi. I've changed out the rayjay turbos for T04'sfrom turbonetics because the are less expensive and are easier to find and have been very durable. I've had this set on this engine for 6yrs with no failures.I'mcontroling the waste gates with a Gretty computerized controller. The real kicker is that I also use a 400hp shot of nos. I'll also add that Ive never hurt a Piston, rod,crank or any other piece of the bottom end in the 10 plus years that Ive been racing this engine. I've recently bought the unchained boat from Mark . So far its proving to be quite a bit faster than my old tx20 youngblood. I have all of the information on plumbing and history on the old banks system call me and I'll share it with you and mail you some coppies of literature that I have.580-564-7242

Hi Dr. Jay , I'm the guy who is running the banks set up at lake Texoma. I'm running them with two waste gates that can be turned down to 10psi or up to 25psi. I've changed out the rayjay turbos for T04'sfrom turbonetics because the are less expensive and are easier to find and have been very durable. I've had this set on this engine for 6yrs with no failures.I'mcontroling the waste gates with a Gretty computerized controller. The real kicker is that I also use a 400hp shot of nos. I'll also add that Ive never hurt a Piston, rod,crank or any other piece of the bottom end in the 10 plus years that Ive been racing this engine. I've recently bought the unchained boat from Mark . So far its proving to be quite a bit faster than my old tx20 youngblood. I have all of the information on plumbing and history on the old banks system call me and I'll share it with you and mail you some coppies of literature that I have.

old runner
    Red rocket..are you still running the banks exhaust on your 532?? I did't think they would work that good on a big cubed motor! A guy told me that someone had made some nice after market exhaust for these set ups that made alot more power ! "LEE" maybe...I never seen anyone make 1000plus out of a set up like this! Just as I was thinking of going bigger cubes! It's good to hear! Mine makes 12 lbs with the single 850! I love it...it's been a great set up! I have merlin heads...and I use a vr jr intake and a comp cam! I still have the dual plane intake that it came with...I assume it would probably make some better low end power! I might give it a whirl,...! No matter what gears...in my v-drive is spins 6000rms...in a day criuser...6000rpms in a flat with a 2 speed powerglide and 38..6000! It idles sweet...It's alot of fun...and good on fuel!

Hey does anyone know if Hass828/ Jay321 or greenleaf13 is still around? I am looking for any if on these older banks twin turbo systems,,Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paul2112 View Post
    Hey does anyone know if Hass828/ Jay321 or greenleaf13 is still around? I am looking for any if on these older banks twin turbo systems,,Thanks
    I'm still here, I'll pm you my phone # for any more questions.

WOW! Hi Hass828! I wondered if any of you guys still checked in. I as well have run into an old Banks system. Im thinking about installing it on my 460, 20 Jet. Any info you have on these systems would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Steve Mac

I have recently sold my old draw through deal and stepped the program up a tad. Here's the new deal, 555cid twin turbo , blowthrough C&S carb, aluminum brodix block, brodix BB2 xtra c&c'd heads , intercooler,cam designed by Steve Morris

That looks sweet man! That setup looks like it really cooks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123