Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hi-Tech

Jetaholic
    There is a bigtime scam going on in the boat parts department.
    Hi Tech Performance, hereby known as HTP, carries some of the finest parts available. On top of this, the service is by far the best in the business. They take your order, and within 3-4 days your shipment arrives.
    Here's where the scam comes in. Duane, the owner of HTP, has somehow figured out a way to provide some of the best tech support and a wealth of information, so good that it automatically makes you say "Yeah I'll take one of those!" You end up buying his parts and he ends up making money off of unsuspecting customers by selling them damn good parts and tech support.
    Avoid this scam at all costs!!!
    Just kidding. Duane...you rock!

IMPATIENT 1
    Hi Tech Performance, hereby known as HTP, carries some of the finest parts available. On top of this, the service is by far the best in the business. They take your order, and within 3-4 days your shipment arrives.
    Here's where the scam comes in. Duane, the owner of HTP, has somehow figured out a way to provide some of the best tech support and a wealth of information, so good that it automatically makes you say "Yeah I'll take one of those!" You end up buying his parts and he ends up making money off of unsuspecting customers by selling them damn good parts and tech support.
    lmao, i've been "scammed" like that before by duane.damn boat got faster and had ALOT better holeshot afterwards! i was pissed :crossx:

OverKill
    Hey thanks for the warning guys. I will be sure to order all my parts from this guy from now on. It definatley sounds like a big scam, customer service what the hell is that anymore. Got to be a scam.

atxwrangler
    i try to order every thing from him.he hasn't let me down like another one here on the boards,no names needed!

wet77
    Same here :crossx:
    I am going in person this Friday to his shop to pick-up my jetaway and new intake for my winter project.
    And hopfully learn as much as I can besides all the great advice he has allready given me.
    I told the boss at work I needed time off this week to go to jet boat school :220v:
    (was easy because he is a boat freak too :rollside: )

Jetaholic
    Well so far this guy has gotten me for a Jetaway, a thermostat kit, water pressure regulator and a Holley 4150 750cfm double pump carb. And he's about to get me for a neoprene packing seal for my pump.
    So now all because of Duane, my motor's gonna run at the correct temperature, with the correct water pressure/water flow, with the correct carb and I'll be able to disconnect the pump with the Jetaway so I can dry fire it on the trailer. What shall I do?

GasGuzzler
    Must say he got me too......made my pump tighter than my old 6th grade girlfriend Only thing he did wrong was only send me one decal, going to powdercoat now and don't have a spare for my bucket.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Man, are you gonna get hate-mail outta Ronjane for that post. LOL
    Since the "support group" has met, I might as well come for therapy (kind like AA) :crossx: Jetaholics Anonymous. :crossx:
    I sought advice from HTP on motor build upgrades on my old Taylor a couple winters ago. I bought a cam advised by him, whole kit actually, took his advice on rod work too, intake as well. Turns out the damn motor runs great, really turnkey. Pulls hard outta the hole from idle, never misses a beat. The cam break-in went smooth as silk, only trouble was breaking in new non-roller rockers (budget and the old rockers wouldn't work with the cam lift).
    Took out my rock grate that had been modded into a sorta-loader back in 1979, replaced with a pro-loader for my "F" pump. This eliminated my holeshot RPM jump but seemed to cause no other problems. Now I don't know what to do with the old loader that is taking up valuable wall space where I could hang other parts.
    If this wasn't bad enough, I went back to get scammed again, and it worked. :cry:
    Got a set of Lightning headers from HTP, also a Bronze Agressor impeller, rebuild kit with one of those rubber wear rings in it.
    Pump works great, pulls hard, no reving slippage. Once I got the mixtures right on the carb again after the header change, I GAINED 200 RPM. Also my exhaust leaks at the heads at my old logs stopped. The engine is louder too, I think I can blame that on the 4" outlets Duane conned me into, said it was best if they matched the size of the headers.
    It's not to bad when I go looking for information and advice, but when I need a part of some sort, he burns my wallet but good, then, the part works as advertized. :cry:
    What's worse is I found the machinist downtown where Duane has his head work done. Found him when Duane advised me to get my new rod bolts installed and resize done there. Turns out the guy does a lot of boat engine work as well as cars, blown & NA, and both he and his head grinder really seem to know their stuff, and I can TELL, it's gonna cost me. :cry: :cry: This guy too, is great with free advice. :cry:

Jetaholic
    :crossx: Jetaholics Anonymous. :crossx:
    NICE!

Ralph Brunt
    not as articulate with words but yes duane got me too love the rail kit
    thanx htp

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast