Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Christmas lights

framer1
    Am I the only loser who has to put up christmas lights for his wife? What a pain in the butt :yuk: Ba humbug

a catered life
    Am I the only loser who has to put up christmas lights for his wife? What a pain in the butt :yuk: Ba humbug
    yup i make my gf crawl up on the roof and hang them her self i get to have fun cause i have her wear a santa skirt while climbing

Hardly Satisfied
    no your not, and yes a pain in the butt , but it's for all the kids to enjoy

wright27
    Me , wife , and kids. We make it a family thing. It is actually kinda fun.

SHOCKENYALL
    Me , wife , and kids. We make it a family thing. It is actually kinda fun.
    We have always done the same thing... my husband didn't enjoy it as much at 1st, but now that the kids are older, they do something new every year. And we end up with more and more lights every year.... it's fun watching them. I stay inside mostly and make homemade hot chocolate and cranberry orange bread... all their fave's!
    I hope they can come home every Christmas when their older and out of the house..... they are what makes these holidays so special..... I still have 5-7 years left b-4 they move on to college... and I miss them already! :cry:

framer1
    We have always done the same thing... my husband didn't enjoy it as much at 1st, but now that the kids are older, they do something new every year. And we end up with more and more lights every year.... it's fun watching them. I stay inside mostly and make homemade hot chocolate and cranberry orange bread... all their fave's!
    I hope they can come home every Christmas when their older and out of the house..... they are what makes these holidays so special..... I still have 5-7 years left b-4 they move on to college... and I miss them already! :cry:
    That is one the reasons i'm putting up lights....kids are coming home this year Believe me it is sad when they start their own life....but it does have it's good points too.

syke-o
    i put em up avery thanksgiving day weekend.... seems as though they never last the whole season without a strand burning out, then they look like shit and i get pissed off and dont want to get back up there and fix them..

YeLLowBoaT
    I hate those damn things... in my line of work all of those nails and light hanger doo dads make my life hell... do me and yourself a favor... don't hang them.( not only is it a pita to do, but I'll charge you more when it comes time to paint your house.)

framer1
    I hate those damn things... in my line of work all of those nails and light hanger doo dads make my life hell... do me and yourself a favor... don't hang them.( not only is it a pita to do, but I'll charge you more when it comes time to paint your house.)
    I'm using the rain gutter hangers....they work pretty good and they come off with the lights.

redneckgirl
    Don't worry Bruce...Doug will be doing it Thanksgiving weekend!!! :rollside:
    RNG

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast