Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What a crock of sh*t this is

LAND_LOVER69

RiverDave
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/14/toy....ap/index.html
    I'm curious as to how you would react if you had kids, and one day you came home to find them playing with a talking Koran or budha? What if that talking toy said "The only way you'll receive 50 virgins in the after life is to be born again into the muslim religion!" You'd be ok with that?
    In other words.. tell me why it's a crock of shit? Becuase it was the christian religion toys that weren't accepted? Or becuase the toys were religious in nature.
    Seriously I'd like to hear the logic behind this?
    RD

Debbolas
    Toys for Tots is a great organization!!
    and it's easy....boy = fire truck or boat, girl = barbie or science set

Run_em_Hard
    I hate to say it but I agree with turning them down...what Debbolas said hits it prefectly.

LAND_LOVER69
    I'm curious as to how you would react if you had kids, and one day you came home to find them playing with a talking Koran or budha? What if that talking toy said "The only way you'll receive 50 virgins in the after life is to be born again into the muslim religion!" You'd be ok with that?
    In other words.. tell me why it's a crock of shit? Becuase it was the christian religion toys that weren't accepted? Or becuase the toys were religious in nature.
    Seriously I'd like to hear the logic behind this?
    RD
    ""The idea was for them to be three-dimensional teaching tools for kids," La Roe said. "I believe as a churchgoing person, anyone can benefit from hearing the words of the Bible.""
    No logic just my personal opinion. If I found my child playing with a Koran or budah I would simply send it back to the Marines and say thanks but no thanks. I certainly wouldn't be offended because someone was trying to send a message to kids.

SB
    I'm a Christian but, that "toy" doesn't sound like much fun.
    Like one of those educational presents from a crazy aunt that "makes learning fun."

socalmoney
    Toys for Tots is a great organization!!
    and it's easy....boy = fire truck or boat, girl = barbie or science set
    Debbolas, aren't you giving our young girls a mixed message with Barbies and Science sets. You are telling them they can be a Mommy and a Scientist at the same time, when it is clear that they must choose to be one or the other.

Debbolas
    ""The idea was for them to be three-dimensional teaching tools for kids," La Roe said. "I believe as a churchgoing person, anyone can benefit from hearing the words of the Bible.""
    No logic just my personal opinion. If I found my child playing with a Koran or budah I would simply send it back to the Marines and say thanks but no thanks. I certainly wouldn't be offended because someone was trying to send a message to kids.
    I work with these kids all day and believe me all they want is a decent toy to play with.
    If you want to spread a message, do it a different way.
    I realise it's Christmas, but the kids just want a toy. My family participates in the Target toy give away. Each elementary school (secretly) gives the names to Target, then the boy scouts show up to help the kids shop, at 6am before the store opens. You get every extreme, from kids buying for everyone in their family BUT them, to the kid that already has everything and nothing will make him happy (how did he get on the list )

Her454
    Isn't that basically what they did? They didnt accept it, as you wouldn't either. I have my own beliefs and stand by them and I dont want someone else trying to three-dimensionally tempt me with a toy LOL.
    When I read this my first thought wasn't even about religion, it was "I wouldn't have wanted to play with a Jesus doll when I was a kid". And thats coming from a Bible Thumper, just ask Kilr.
    Debbolas, aren't you giving our young girls a mixed message with Barbies and Science sets. You are telling them they can be a Mommy and a Scientist at the same time, when it is clear that they must choose to be one or the other.
    PLEASE tell me you are joking.....................

Debbolas
    He HAS to be. joking............right?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast