Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: excessive noise at the sandbar--HELP

propellator
    I would like to have any information regarding how to defend against United States Fish and Wildlife Service citation for excessive noise. When I recieved the citation several boaters including law enforcement people approached me and they disscused the paticulars of why and how the citation given did not conform to the method used by the officers issuing the ticket.

Phat Matt
    I don't think they have black and white guide lines. I think if they say it's to loud, you lose.

moneypit
    I don't think they have black and white guide lines. I think if they say it's to loud, you lose.
    I dont agree. These arent indians giving tickets. Get a lawyer. Phuggit....

Phat Matt
    I dont agree. These arent indians giving tickets. Get a lawyer. Phuggit....
    I am sure the lawyer would be cheaper than the ticket.
    Even if you win, you lose.

Thorsinc
    Do a search on this forum – “Noise Level” you’ll find lots to read. Also go to www.boatcop.com Then Click - Ask BoatCop, He will give it to you straight.
    If you’re the person I’m thinking of, I remember when you/someone got a ticket -
    When the test was taking place it was done a few feet away from the boat, not to far off the cliff where it echoes and music was blaring from other boats. Boats idling by you. I say fight the ticket, If anything you’ll teach them to conduct the test properly… or not
    Don't forget,"Pipes save lives"
    Good Luck

DaddyMack
    omewhat related.....I had a friend pulled over in the channel for people having their legs hanging over front of the boat and for someone standing in the boat and allegedly blocking his view. As far as I am aware no such regs exist. The only thing the regs state is that no one may be on the bow if the boat is going greater than no-wake speed and nothing exists as to allegedly blocking view. THey make the stuff up as they go in Havasu.
    needless to say it should be all thrown out but I am sure there are people that just pay the fines on that crap.
    I would fight it... but then I am an attorney and it would cost me nothing to do so except my time.

YeLLowBoaT
    having your legs hung over the side while running is against the law.

shueman
    omewhat related.....I had a friend pulled over in the channel for people having their legs hanging over front of the boat and for someone standing in the boat and allegedly blocking his view. As far as I am aware no such regs exist. The only thing the regs state is that no one may be on the bow if the boat is going greater than no-wake speed and nothing exists as to allegedly blocking view. THey make the stuff up as they go in Havasu.
    needless to say it should be all thrown out but I am sure there are people that just pay the fines on that crap.
    I would fight it... but then I am an attorney and it would cost me nothing to do so except my time.
    Better do some more research before you get in court. Not knowing the Rules of the Road is why mandatory boater licensing is needed.

ratso
    ...accident waiting to happen??? Yeah, I'd defend those clowns too... Too bad you couldn't get in on the Dog Food deal, that had to pay real good! It's all fun til someone gets killed over someone elses stupidity... :yuk:

BadKachina
    I think you may be alright with the person riding with their legs hanging over as long as you were in the channel and at no wake. The law says
    "A person shall not operate a watercraft while allowing a person to ride on the gunwales, transom, or the decked-over bow of a watercraft propelled by machinery operating in excess of a wakeless speed."
    Its on page six of the Az boating laws.
    Az boating laws (http://www.azmasterbaiters.com/files...ng_laws_06.pdf)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast