Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: excessive noise at the sandbar--HELP

ratso
    I think you may be alright with the person riding with their legs hanging over as long as you were in the channel and at no wake. The law says
    "A person shall not operate a watercraft while allowing a person to ride on the gunwales, transom, or the decked-over bow of a watercraft propelled by machinery operating in excess of a wakeless speed."
    Its on page six of the Az boating laws.
    Az boating laws (http://www.azmasterbaiters.com/files...ng_laws_06.pdf)
    Wakeless is "not moving" isn't it, or is that a gray area? :idea:

BadKachina
    I'm not really sure either.

Goad
    I had a friend pulled over in the channel for people having their legs hanging over front of the boat
    i remember as a kid (20 or so years ago) my sister and i would do this every time we went through the channel....it never was a problem then.....but times do change.

ratso
    I'm not really sure either.
    LMAO... that kinda attitude will get you a ticket buddy! :hammer2:

BrendellaJet
    if you are allowed to drive through the no wake zone then I would say wakeless is moving without a wake.

ratso
    i remember as a kid (20 or so years ago) my sister and i would do this every time we went through the channel....it never was a problem then.....but times do change.
    I suppose you'd have to worry about the driver being distracted and someone slipping overboard... Might not be able to shut the motor down in time if someone fell over the front, even at idle speeds. I know me and my sisters and friends used to do that all the time when we were kids... only one of them lost a leg...
    J/K

Havasu Luvr
    If I rememeber correctly didn't LHC pass new ordinances concerning some of these issues? Dancing, bow riding etc.... The channel falls under city control according to dity officials. LE must have issued it under some kind of safety ordinance

ratso
    if you are allowed to drive through the no wake zone then I would say wakeless is moving without a wake.
    I can't move my boat without causing a wake... actually I think it's quite impossible for any boat. Small wake... but still a wake. :idea:

Mardonzi
    I can't move my boat without causing a wake... actually I think it's quite impossible for any boat. Small wake... but still a wake. :idea:
    So much for getting out of the launch area....

Jordy
    I think you may be alright with the person riding with their legs hanging over as long as you were in the channel and at no wake. The law says
    "A person shall not operate a watercraft while allowing a person to ride on the gunwales, transom, or the decked-over bow of a watercraft propelled by machinery operating in excess of a wakeless speed."
    The one and only time I've been in contact with water LEO's was over this. We were in Parker, in the no wake zone in front of Bluewater heading towards the lower rockpile/sandbar in RD's Nordic. I was DD'ing that day and the girls sat up on the gunwales of the open bow to take their shorts off. SBSO came over on plane for a "safety inspection" because of it, which consisted of pulling me out of the boat and onto theirs for a sobriety check at 10:00 AM. Seems as though it's just another excuse to initiate contact. :notam:
    Unfortunately on something like a noise ticket, it's cheaper and less of a hassle to just pay the ticket rather than hire a lawyer and try to fight city hall.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast