Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: folsom lake??? new years time

Does anybody know if Folsom is open around Christmas and New Years time?? I am going to be up that way and wanted to put my flat in.
    Which put in areas would be open?

YeLLowBoaT
    weather permiting I go water skiing on newyears day almost every year. At folsom.

where do you put in? I imagine that some of the spots are closed that time of year....
    Do you head up towards Salmon falls? I love it way back there and was curious if there was any winter debris up that way.
    Thanks

YeLLowBoaT
    I almost always put in at dyke 8( the PC police changed it to folsom point, it will always be dyke 8...) In the winter you can pretty much go where ever you want and ski. Granite bay is your only other "pratical choice"( there are 2 other off 49, one is steep as hell and the other sucks.) I really don't care for granite bay just do to the fact that more ppl use it.

I almost always put in at dyke 8( the PC police changed it to folsom point, it will always be dyke 8...) In the winter you can pretty much go where ever you want and ski. Granite bay is your only other "pratical choice"( there are 2 other off 49, one is steep as hell and the other sucks.) I really don't care for granite bay just do to the fact that more ppl use it.
    LOL I remember Dyke 8. From Placerville, whats the best way to get there....I am drawing a blank

QuickJet
    Does anybody know if Folsom is open around Christmas and New Years time?? I am going to be up that way and wanted to put my flat in.
    If you are driving all the way up there from the O.C. around New Years, you should try out CFW. It's about an hour away from Folsom and worth the trip. Not only that, but if the weather is good, there should be alot of other flats out there that day as well.

MOBrien
    If you decide to take the flat out on New Year's Day, go up to Camp Far West lake in....uhh..Wheatland I think? Bunch of die hard drag & river racers meet/camp up there every year on New Year's Day weekend. Pretty fun. Lots of nice & fast boats. It's about 45 minutes north of Folsom and it's on usually rain or shine. :crossx:

YeLLowBoaT
    50 to parie city road/East bidwell. turn right on blue ravien road then left on I think east natoma.
    or you ca take eldorado hills rd to green valley then to east natoma.
    I suck with names. I just know how to get there.

LOL!!
    Thanks for looking out for me guys. I know CFW very well, after about a hundred trips.
    Im not taking the race boat, I promised my boy that we would take HIS boat out:
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...41IMG_5041.JPG
    I usually hit up Ice House (my favorite lake) but figured it would be too cold to launch!!!! Well, that and the dirty looks from the fishermen.

acatitude
    folsom will probably be very low at new years

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast