Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How Do You Know When She's the One?

Boatcop
    When it's all said and done, you don't marry someone because you can live with them.
    You marry them because you can't live without them.

catman-do
    Whatever you do make sure to live with her first. And when doing so its for a minimum of one year. :crossx: serious.
    DING DING DING!!! This is the one I agree with most. My gf and I have been together now for a couple years. Have owned a house together for a year. Now after living with her for a year i know all the little things that might bug every once in a while, but more important I know how wonderful of a person she really is. Hell I bought her an engagement ring yesterday. Was going to propose at the festival of lights parade in Havi, but found out she is hanging out with her mom, since we will be in glamis for thanks giving.
    Dude, LIVE WITH HER FIRST!!! Ive lived with three now and wanted to drown two of them!

Thorsinc
    I've been dating a great girl for about 6 months now, but we have our differences on paper. Our Religions, backgrounds, and upbringings are different, but despite this, we have an amazing time when were together - something special that neither of us has felt before. She treats me amazingly....I know my family is gonna give me hell because of our diffferences and sometimes feel like our differences will cause problems down the line...I need some advice from you guys that have experience in this area.....let's here the opinions.....
    How old are you?

Devil's Advocate
    DING DING DING!!! This is the one I agree with most. My gf and I have been together now for a couple years. Have owned a house together for a year. Now after living with her for a year i know all the little things that might bug every once in a while, but more important I know how wonderful of a person she really is. Hell I bought her an engagement ring yesterday. Was going to propose at the festival of lights parade in Havi, but found out she is hanging out with her mom, since we will be in glamis for thanks giving.
    Dude, LIVE WITH HER FIRST!!! Ive lived with three now and wanted to drown two of them!
    I agree with the living together first. And good luck with popping the question!! :rollside:

CBadDad
    We'll need pics to help you decide.

OliverM5
    How old are you?
    Turned 30 in March

phebus
    After six months, it's time to take off the training wheels, and ride her hard. If you don't get hurt, she's the one.

Forkin' Crazy
    Whatever you do make sure to live with her first. And when doing so its for a minimum of one year. :crossx: serious.
    That is BS. I am living proof of that. Lived with my X for a little over a year before we got married. 7 years later she got the itch.
    Do some serious soul searching.
    "How sill you know when she's the one?"
    When you have your 50th anniversary!

Drift
    I don't want to burst your bubble but it is imprtant that you take you and her feelings into consideration at this point.
    Basically if you have to ask, then she's not the "one". To get to this point only after 6 months? Statistically you are not headed in the right direction. Ad all this to the statement that you can't agree on the basic fundamentals that a mariage is based on.
    I she means alot to you I would give it more time... find something that is more substantail than we have an "amazing time together" to base your future on. The fact is that 6 months is just a drop in the bucket, you need to have a lot more in common. Religion, potential parenting skills, politics and a sense of self. If you ask, most people will tell you that a mariage is a 50-50 situation. Unfortunately we also have a very high devorce rate and I belive the 50-50 viewpoint is part of the problem. Most married couples/families I know that have weathered some pretty bad situations have all had a diffferent take on it. A real marriage is a 100-100 situation. You must have the willingness to give it all without the expectation of getting anything in return. Without a doubt there will come a time where this will happen, at this point is where most will fail. Your personal character and comonalities with eachother will help you get through these times and the more things you can agree apon the better. This is why the foundation of your relationship is so important. The ability to have both sides of your extended family support you, your beliefs, ideas of upbringing, morality and politcs all play imprtant roles when life turns on you and your wife / husband looses their shine. It may sound corny but I suggest that you listen to Dr. Laura. You may find some pretty good info that may help you make decissions.

Biglue
    Unless you're Jewish and she's Muslim you guys can probably resolve the religion differences. 6 Months is a very short time, although I'm sure there is cases where people have jumped at marriage within these lengths of time and have worked out. Just remember, that the more time you guys take to know each other the more you can accept your differences. Take your time, if she appreciates you like you appreciate her, things will only get even better. It would be better to find out you guys are a mismatch over the next couple years instead of over a couple children. Best of luck.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast