Thread: Rhino stock shock setting

2Driver
    With the full roll cage and rear seat where are you guys setting the stock shocks? I am thinking 2nd from stiffest.
    Can I adjusts those with something else besides the special Yam shock tool?
    Gettin ready to head out!

Garrddogg
    My kids are about 150lbs each and I think my rears were put on the stiffest setting. got elkas now and havnt seen it since..

Todd969
    With the full roll cage and rear seat where are you guys setting the stock shocks? I am thinking 2nd from stiffest.
    We can do it for you at the shop.

Todd969
    My kids are about 150lbs each and I think my rears were put on the stiffest setting. got elkas now and havnt seen it since..
    Smooth my friend VERY smooth. Pics later today, your graphics are getting done.

sigepmock
    I ran the fronts on the softest setting and the rears on the second softest notch but we don't have much weight in our back seat. To adjust them jack up the back end so the tires are just off the ground and then spin the collar with a large adjustable wrench or pliers.
    Remember if you get too much pre-load it will cause the back to bounce back hard...or "buck". Try and set them on the lowest preload setting but high enough not to bottom all the time.
    If you are carrying a lot of weight all the time ....you'll need to get heavier springs. Good luck,
    Chris

02HoWaRd26
    When mine was stock I always when as stiff as possible in the front, and the second to softest in the rear, so it would bounce the front to keep from kicking your ass, and drag the rear...

Froggystyle
    I am trying to figure out what this word "stock" means...
    It rings a bell, but just isn't making a connection..

2Driver
    I am trying to figure out what this word "stock" means...
    It rings a bell, but just isn't making a connection..
    Stock: came that way as a standard item from the factory. Like a wheel chair ramp on a Trident, you know stock.

Froggystyle
    Stock: came that way as a standard item from the factory. Like a wheel chair ramp on a Trident, you know stock.
    Oh... gotcha.
    You know that wheelchair ramp has been pretty well accepted as bad azz... especially by those in wheelchairs...