Thread: Whites Only Scholarship... what was this guy thinking?

bigq
    What did he think was going to happen, favoring the white trash....
    Joe Mroszczyk, president of the College Republicans at Boston University, admits he set out to stir up a hornet's nest when he came up with the idea of offering a whites-only scholarship at the school. But he got a little more buzz than he bargained for.
    "To tell you the truth, we didn't see this coming," Mroszczyk said. "The Drudge Report picked it up yesterday, and today I just finished a round of national interviews. It's kind of overwhelming."
    All the media attention is focused on a $250 Caucasian Achievement and Recognition Scholarship offered by Mroszczyk and the BU chapter of the College Republicans. Applicants must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.2 or higher; they must write two essays; and, here's the kicker, they must be at least one-quarter Caucasian.
    The application itself offers an explanation: "We believe that racial preferences in all their forms are perhaps the worst form of bigotry confronting America today."
    According to Mroszczyk, his group is offering the scholarship to point out "how ridiculous it is to have any sort of racially based scholarship."
    At BU, for example, students who are at least one-quarter Hispanic can apply for a National Hispanic Recognition Scholarship.
    "There are plenty of poor, white, academically gifted students who need that money just as much," Mroszczyk said.
    It isn't the first time a group of students has tried this kind of stunt.
    Two years ago a chapter of the College Republicans at Roger Williams University also offered a $250 whites-only scholarship. That's where the BU students got the idea.
    "We are not doing this as some kind of white supremacy thing. I wanted to have a dialogue about racial preference," Mroszczyk said.
    It seems as if Mroszczyk has gotten his wish. People from across the country are now weighing in on the idea through e-mail and the radio. And closer to home, some BU students are having their say too.
    "It's a poor way to talk about affirmative action," said David Coreas, the 21-year-old senior who is president of the Latino fraternity Phi Iota Alpha at BU. "If they want to have a scholarship, then let them have a scholarship, but they're stirring up controversy in the wrong way."
    Coreas said he believes that racially based scholarships are necessary to level a very uneven academic playing field.
    "We have to look at the situation honestly," he said. "Caucasians tend to have a higher per capita income than Latinos and other minorities. We have to have scholarships to survive."
    Coreas said he would welcome an honest dialogue on campus about race and affirmative action.
    Mroszczyk admits even some of his good friends are shaking their heads.
    "They said I can't believe you're doing this," he said.
    But for all the talk, there are still no takers for the scholarship. The application has been available online since Nov. 7, and so far not one student has filled it out.
    That's money wasted, according to David Coreas.
    "I wish I could apply: That $250 could help me pay for my textbooks," he said.
    Coreas isn't eligible, though.
    But for BU students who have a pretty good GPA and can write a couple of essays, there's still time, as long as they're also 25 percent Caucasian. The deadline for applications is Nov. 30.

Kachina26
    So when it's a scholarship for whites, it's a stunt? Nice.

HOSS
    Just what is the United Negro College Fund? I`m white,,can I apply?

QuickJet
    Just what is the United Negro College Fund? I`m white,,can I apply?
    You are white therefore you are rich. Hey, maybe your butler can apply.

HOSS
    Sorry,, I only hire white people. Had a nigger work for me once. Payed him damn good to. He started playing the game,,weekends doing work in my shop, telling customers he fixes stuff on the side,,,he started coming into work late (like 2-3 hrs late) every day. Found out he was working at a used car lot after work from me till 2 am fixing cars. Found out from the owner of the lot since he didn`t send his cars to me anymore. I was paying that nigger a salary too. I fired his ass.
    He would get 100 phone calls a day when working. When he would miss a day,,no phone calls. The day I let him go, I got a call from his black preacher buddy that worked at NAPA asking for him. I said he`s not in today. He says I just talked to him and have his parts. I said when you see him tell him he better be finding a job cause he doesn`t work here anymore. He came to work the next day and I told him he can get his tools when all my uniforms where turned in. I still have tools and boxes. almost 2 years ago now. I swore and swear,,,never agin.
    I profile customers. Your black you pay more than anyone else. I have talked to several business owners like myself. You have to do this to compensate the hours of bs and stress. If you so much as plug a tire for them they will be back 3 days later claiming their radio doesn`t work and it worked fine brfore you touched their car. Replace a motor or transmission!!!! NO WAY IN HELL. They can tow it in with a locked up motor but when it leaves running,,I guarantee that everything on that car worked perfectly. It was brand new. You can`t help these people. They have pushed the racial discrimination card so far that they have actually alienated themselves from all of society. Nah,,,I`m a racist and my business does much better for it.

Old Texan
    Hey Hoss, I hear "Kramer" is doin standup at some Nawlins' comedy club...ya got tickets? :crossx:

QuickJet
    Hey Hoss, I hear "Kramer" is doin standup at some Nawlins' comedy club...ya got tickets? :crossx:
    What the hell does he need tickets for? He's his damn writter for cryin out loud!

HOSS
    Thats some good material.