Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Determining compression ratio

gnarley
    058, thats a great idea actually! But I don't thinkI will need to do that. By the way the device I think if memory serves me correct is a whistler, I should know that sine I used to live in the tech lanes

Froggystyle
    I'm not sure if anyone really answered this one yet about the blower, but one piece of info you need to remember is that the blower is not producing 10 lbs of boost statically. In fact, most only come to full pressure at full RPM. For example, my blower motor in the Daytona was actually drawing vacuum at idle, and all the way through 1100 when it started making boost. At 6500 RPMs, I had it set for 10 lbs even. So my "static" compression was only 7.25:1 with the pistons I was running.
    If you were asking regarding total developed compression at RPM, I don't know how to figure that out. You would have to do the math for PSI over the area in question for total pressure.

Blown 472
    Or checkout Kuhlsuperchargers.com they have tech section that has info about static and dynamic comp ratios at different levels of boost.

78Eliminator
    I wonder if you can determine the compression ratio of you and your sweetheart.....

gnarley
    Blown 472:
    Or checkout Kuhlsuperchargers.com they have tech section that has info about static and dynamic comp ratios at different levels of boost. Way cool, That is what I was hoping for! You got 5 stars from ME I knew that some one else had done all the math long before I had the question so this info had to be somewhere! thanks again.
    http://www.kuhlsuperchargers.com/tech%20p05.htm

Blown 472
    Thank you, your are welcome glad I could help. 78, you funny I tell you what when I get ontop of her it gets into a dynamic thang
    Then there is a whole new meaning to blown. eek!
    [ September 12, 2002, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: Blown 472 ]

gnarley
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Blown 472:
    I tell you what when I get on top of her it gets into a dynamic thang

Kind of like being Blown & Injected???
    [ September 12, 2002, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: gnarley ]

78Eliminator
    Blown 472:
    Thank you, your are welcome glad I could help. 78, you funny I tell you what when I get ontop of her it gets into a dynamic thang
    Then there is a whole new meaning to blown. eek! It is dynamic because stroke and duration change with condition. Position also becomes a factor and if she has gained a few pounds that might get the ratio even lower. If she is a little loose like Anna Nicole Smith and it's like throwing a vienna sausage down a hallway, you are going to have some serious problems with both discharge and lubrication and cylinder exhaust.
    J

Blown 472
    No problem with gettin loose, she stays hooked up just fine, in fact it is almost like sprayed vht. And dont forget the cylinder lube, hell she could set up shop and sell the stuff.

78Eliminator
    Blown 472:
    No problem with gettin loose, she stays hooked up just fine, in fact it is almost like sprayed vht. And dont forget the cylinder lube, hell she could set up shop and sell the stuff. Well, now. She should put it on e-bay and see how much she gets...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast