Thread: ID a Camshaft

BIGCHRIS
    Trying to id this cam its got Isky solid rollers iam thinking its a Isky the only # i have found on it is E285cr8 ,E6579, F4d,9535 i looked on the isky site but could not find anything any help would be great thanks

IMPATIENT 1
    chris, if your gonna run a different cam, pm me with a price for that 1. i really liked the power range on it! the e# kinda looks like a comp part number.

IMPATIENT 1
    chris, its is a comp cam.here's a link to an ad:
    http://www.compperformancegroupstore...Category_Code=
    doesn't have the specs, but it gives the whole part number and should lead you to the specs anyways. holla at me if you decide to sell it!

BIGCHRIS
    chris, if your gonna run a different cam, pm me with a price for that 1. i really liked the power range on it! the e# kinda looks like a comp part number.
    Hey Tom,i am going to keep it like it is i just wanted to know the specs so i would have a better idea on setup,the motor has some sweet parts in it.the crank had a little more clearance in the bearings so i am going to straighten it out and put it back together ,Hows your project going

IMPATIENT 1
    Hey Tom,i am going to keep it like it is i just wanted to know the specs so i would have a better idea on setup,the motor has some sweet parts in it.the crank had a little more clearance in the bearings so i am going to straighten it out and put it back together ,Hows your project going
    yeah, i'd keep it too, its a perfect cam for that boat! your boat just needs more prop or gears to be hard to beat. i wouldn't doubt the bearing need freshening up. i remember that mill havin nice stuff in it, had girdles to didn't it?
    my tx-19 is movin at a snails pace, xmas is in my pocket rite now.i've got my blower, carbs,scoop,linkage,new ss valves,fuel lines, & pump all bought but i may try to get some alum heads by may.still trying to find a cam i wanna run, may just go with the comp cam i picked out 1st for it.

IMPATIENT 1
    what did it all have in the short block? i can remember isky top end with girdles, but that's all i can remember, never had to work on that mill much, ran strong all the time.

BIGCHRIS
    yeah, i'd keep it too, its a perfect cam for that boat! your boat just needs more prop or gears to be hard to beat. i wouldn't doubt the bearing need freshening up. i remember that mill havin nice stuff in it, had girdles to didn't it?
    my tx-19 is movin at a snails pace, xmas is in my pocket rite now.i've got my blower, carbs,scoop,linkage,new ss valves,fuel lines, & pump all bought but i may try to get some alum heads by may.still trying to find a cam i wanna run, may just go with the comp cam i picked out 1st for it.
    Yea Tom it turned out great,girdles H beam rods nice crank and venolia pistons.I am just cleanig everthing and freshening the motor so i will know whats there when i start torturing it this summer stay in touch,thanks for the cam info

BIGCHRIS
    Oh yea Tom, it turned out to be a 427 which i am happy about also

IMPATIENT 1
    damn! lol, you bought the mill and got a free hondo with it! are you serious?427 huh, well you can spin it faster! :crossx: i gave 7500 for my tx and it has a shiat mill, wore out pump, bad interior, maybe i should've bought the hondo,lol.

BIGCHRIS
    damn! lol, you bought the mill and got a free hondo with it! are you serious?427 huh, well you can spin it faster! :crossx: i gave 7500 for my tx and it has a shiat mill, wore out pump, bad interior, maybe i should've bought the hondo,lol.
    Yea 427,i am going to run it some then start fooling with prop and gear combos