Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 97 reasons why Democrats....

Knotbad
    Jeez you think I'm worse than blown472?? :cry:

QuickJet
    Jeez you think I'm worse than blown472?? :cry:
    I can talk with blown and agree with him on quite a few things. Same with Poster X. I'm trying real hard to identify with you and find some common ground. I understand the difference in our oppinions and I respect that, however when you lash out with name calling etc. I can't take you too seriously. Your kinda like a Blown472 on steriods if you will

Poster X
    It seems like the whole point of this thread was to lure any non-rightwing uber conservative into an insult fest. The article is not filled with facts. It's filled with perceptions of events, which is fine and debateable but not, chiseled non-debateable truths. It's like saying Kennedy created an environment favorable to Civil Rights. He happened to be President at such a time when Civil Rights was the tantamount hysteria of the moment. It wouldn't have mattered who was President. Racial equality was going to happen no matter who was at the helm. The writer of this essay pretty much associated events with a presidency and then nailed the president with responsibility for those events. Writing like that pleases the punch out of those who want it to be true, and is easily flicked aside by those who see it for what it is. The same is true of many recent essays by either side of the political division now slicing this country in half. There's probably a handful of absolute truths in the article? I'm not willing to find them but I'm sure they're there. Neither side has proffered a perfect tenure in office I'm aware of.

QuickJet
    It seems like the whole point of this thread was to lure any non-rightwing uber conservative into an insult fest. The article is not filled with facts. It's filled with perceptions of events, which is fine and debateable but not, chiseled non-debateable truths. It's like saying Kennedy created an environment favorable to Civil Rights. He happened to be President at such a time when Civil Rights was the tantamount hysteria of the moment. It wouldn't have mattered who was President. Racial equality was going to happen no matter who was at the helm. The writer of this essay pretty much associated events with a presidency and then nailed the president with responsibility for those events. Writing like that pleases the punch out of those who want it to be true, and is easily flicked aside by those who see it for what it is. The same is true of many recent essays by either side of the political division now slicing this country in half. There's probably a handful of absolute truths in the article? I'm not willing to find them but I'm sure they're there. Neither side has proffered a perfect tenure in office I'm aware of.
    Exactly!!!
    Good post.

YeLLowBoaT
    ding, ding, ding we have a winner.
    ppl only seeing red or blue are only making the prob worse.

Knotbad
    I can talk with blown and agree with him on quite a few things. Same with Poster X. I'm trying real hard to identify with you and find some common ground. I understand the difference in our oppinions and I respect that, however when you lash out with name calling etc. I can't take you too seriously. Your kinda like a Blown472 on steriods if you will
    Heh heh well I do lift weights but no 'roids in my 63 year old body. I'm all natural, protein, nitric oxide, creatine etc.
    As to name-calling if you read Miller's posts I was responding to HIS name-calling. Now we can debate whether I should have responded in kind to him. I probably shouldn't have, in that that was the reaction he was looking for. My chain can be easily yanked at times and I read it when I was a bit upset by something else. Can't win arguments by name-calling I know that but I won't apologize to him. He had no reason to say those things.

QuickJet
    Heh heh well I do lift weights but no 'roids in my 63 year old body. I'm all natural, protein, nitric oxide, creatine etc.
    As to name-calling if you read Miller's posts I was responding to HIS name-calling. Now we can debate whether I should have responded in kind to him. I probably shouldn't have, in that that was the reaction he was looking for. My chain can be easily yanked at times and I read it when I was a bit upset by something else. Can't win arguments by name-calling I know that but I won't apologize to him. He had no reason to say those things.
    You are right. I know it's frustrating at times when trying to get a viewpoint accross and yah kinda feel cornered. We have all been there and I understand that completely. I've even called names in the past but have sworn to never do it again. Don't let the computer get the better side of you. I can gauruntee that if we were all in the channel together discussing these topics, we would be dealling with eachother in a repectfull manner. Don't let distance and a computer change that. :rollside:

Poster X
    You're all pooty heads.

QuickJet
    You're all pooty heads.
    I know

eliminatedsprinter
    The writer of this essay pretty much associated events with a presidency and then nailed the president with responsibility for those events. Writing like that pleases the punch out of those who want it to be true, and is easily flicked aside by those who see it for what it is. The same is true of many recent essays by either side of the political division now slicing this country in half. There's probably a handful of absolute truths in the article? I'm not willing to find them but I'm sure they're there. Neither side has proffered a perfect tenure in office I'm aware of.
    This is true to a point. Sitting presidents often pay for the mistakes of their predecessors. However, President Carter's failure to continue following the Truman Doctrine, undermined the efforts of his predecessors and either directly or indirectly led to much suffering and death around the world. It is ironic that the one time he did decide to stand up to the Soviets, it was in the form of a bone headed pointless gesture (the asinine olympic boycott) that hurt only Americians and made the U.S. look bad to the world.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast