Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Buying info/options for Laveycraft 2750.

2007 Laveycraft 2750 highvoltagehands's Avatar
    Thinking about stepping up to a new laveycraft 2750 mid-cabin with a merc 600sci Bravo 1 XR, single ram hyd steering, and 280 K-Planes I'd like to see 85mph with reliability. Would like to hear from anyone running or having info about speed/performance/cost numbers for this setup or similiar ones. Along with the handling characteristics of this boat up to 85mph. Any buying advice or recommendations for options would also be gratly appreciated. Thanks

Faster Daddy
    Thinking about stepping up to a new laveycraft 2750 mid-cabin with a merc 600sci Bravo 1 XR, single ram hyd steering, and 280 K-Planes I'd like to see 85mph with reliability. Would like to hear from anyone running or having info about speed/performance/cost numbers for this setup or similiar ones. Along with the handling characteristics of this boat up to 85mph. Any buying advice or recommendations for options would also be gratly appreciated. Thanks
    Great boat. Your power and drive choice look right for what you want to achieve, however dual ram hyd steering should be on your list for safe high-speed running.
    I'm sure you're gonna love it! :rollside:

cc322
    Great boats, great people, excellent reputation in the business. From what I understand the 2750 is a drivers boat, but once you get the hang of it, the thing is great in the rough. There are a few on here with the 2750 I am sure they will chime in with there 02 good luck.

cc322
    Great boat. Your power and drive choice look right for what you want to achieve, however dual ram hyd steering should be on your list for safe high-speed running.
    I'm sure you're gonna love it! :rollside:
    Take it from Brian he knows Laveys 2750 well.

hotlavey
    I bought my 2750 new in 2002. I have only used it in fresh water but I know it can handle the ocean with no problems. It(not mine) was Factory 1 offshore champ for 2 years. Mine was equipped with the HP500EFI and top speed at that time was in the upper 70's. Two seasons ago I had a Whipple installed which upped the top end into the lower 80's. It handles big chop beautifully and is built like a vault. Mine is vacuum bagged and balsa cored and has no stress cracks at all. The boat does like a bit of a chop better then the flat stuff but will cruise perfectly at 65 or so with no problems. At higher speeds it does like to porpoise a little but that can be adjusted out.
    I love the boat but as I have not used it this year at all I have it up for sale.
    You can't go wrong with Lavey or with this model- they are great.
    Good luck,
    Tom

bigq
    Nice boats but might might I suggest you go to the SPAM section and lookup the TPI motors that I think would be great in that boat and my guess is the cost would be close if you were going with the Merc 600.
    Heres a link for you:
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134166
    that would be one badass boat. :rollside:

29 Lavey
    My 29 with twin 500efi's is for sale.
    Faster and less expensive than a new 27.
    Call me or email me for some pictures
    chris@primedigital.com
    323 864 8332

INSman
    My 29 with twin 500efi's is for sale.
    Faster and less expensive than a new 27.
    Call me or email me for some pictures
    chris@primedigital.com
    323 864 8332
    Good point !!

29 Lavey
    I thought so....Thanks.

29 Lavey
    HighVoltage...
    I see that you are from the Delta area.... I had our Lavey up there for the Big Cat run.
    You need twins with that kind water area... get 25 miles away from a ramp/dock with a single....not so fun. Our boat is stock...will run in the 90's all day long.... Think about it.
    Chris

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast