Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Battery Tender

Cole Sanger
    The only reason is that I currently have 2 batteries. One on perko side one and the other on side two. I just ordered three optimas for the stereo. I hear that it is bad to mismatch batteries. I figured I would just take the two I currently have and parallel them for the boat and it's electronics.

phebus
    The only reason is that I currently have 2 batteries. One on perko side one and the other on side two. I just ordered three optimas for the stereo. I hear that it is bad to mismatch batteries. I figured I would just take the two I currently have and parallel them for the boat and it's electronics.
    I'd save the weight, the cable, and the battery box, and just use one of your existing batteries. No sense using something just for the sake of using something. Also, your alternator is going to take a beating trying to charge all those batteries.

Cole Sanger
    I wakeboard a lot. I need all the weight I can get. Just bought three fat sacks for weight. The altenator should be ok for just two batteries. I was thinking about adding a high output altenator down the road.

Sotally Tober
    You could just charge your stereo batts with the plug in charger as I do. My alt. only charges the starting batt. I do not want to start burning up alternaters. I have gone all weekend and never gotten below 12v. Just plug in when I'm done. Make sure you go with the group 31 Optimas. They have more reserve amp/hours.

Cole Sanger
    That is my plan also. I went with the D31M Optima's. They say 155 reserve capacity. Just found out that Jegs has them on backorder though.

Sotally Tober
    The D31M is what I'm running for my starting Batt. My 3 trojans have a reserve capacity of 225 each.

Cole Sanger
    Wow, how much do those run?

Sotally Tober
    I paid 149 for the Optima and 103 for each trojanSCS225 (http://www.trojan-battery.com/Produc...px?Name=SCS225) .

Cole Sanger
    Looks like I was wrong, I looked again and the D31M has 210 reserve at 25amps. Where did you get those optima's? I bought from Jegs, but they haven't shipped (backordered). I am paying 189.99 each. I would love to cancel them and order somewhere else. Thanks

Cole Sanger
    bump

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast