Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: I have a question????????????

Being a middle aged white guy I can tell you there is still quite a bit of racism and prejudice out there, particularly in primarily white population centers that have a lot of older aged folks IMO. I've seen it, heard comments, etc many times. I'll never forget one time a few years ago I was greeting a friend who happened to be a black female, gave her a hug and just happened to glance over at a couple older white gentlemen who were standing off in the distance snickering and smirking. Unfortunately I knew these guys from business. I didn't say anything because it would just be denyed but never forgot the incident either. It drove something home in me that racism is alive and well in certain segments of the population.
    I personally have friends and aquaintences, customers, vendors, of all races and colors. Everyone is equal to me until the demonstrate they are assholes. Most the assholes I've come across just happen to be white too.

YeLLowBoaT
    I have no doubt that racism is alive in this country... I really think that the "white" population and the "black" population hate each other equally.
    I don't care what race you are...I do care what your immagration statis is. I didn't use to even care about that... then I went too school and found out that "refuges/ illegal aliens" had 1st pick of class and could even "bump" you from a class if they came late. I also have distain for them in my trade, I hate the fact that contrators that hire them can under me. I do respect the fact that they are hard workers and want a better life. I just wish they would do it thru the immagration process.
    FWIW I am a Native amercian.... all you bastards have been taking every thing from my "people" since you got here. Get back on your boat and go home. :boxingguy (j/k)

Outnumbered
    Its good to hear from you guys because Im pretty upset that a place that I love to go to is like that, and maybe it is the place I visit but I would love to come to Hava and not feel as has if it's like that. I love riding in my boat, giving love to the next boater. Waving and NOT getting it back, thats sucks. I don't get it??????? Im just at a lost????????????????
    Don't expect to feel too much love at Havasu. I have noticed more and more attitude there in the past few years. I am a middle aged white guy that likes to wave and acknowledge all boaters I pass on the lake. I noticed that I got snubbed (sp) more at Havi than just about any other lake I was on last year. Lots of "I'm too cool for you" glares. If the wave thing is the issue I don't think its a race thing--just people that think they are Billy-bad-ass-too-cool-to-wave

Aqua Boogie1
    No, its not the wave thing, but what I have heard lately that has really bothered latey. AGAIN.................This is not to be a racial thread ***boat people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. For the one's who have been here awhile, know where Im going with that. Its just for my info. I love boating, I love the people I meet, love taking my kids out and showing them that there are good people in this world. Pure entertainment, the outdoors............... :notam:

Don't expect to feel too much love at Havasu. I have noticed more and more attitude there in the past few years. I am a middle aged white guy that likes to wave and acknowledge all boaters I pass on the lake. I noticed that I got snubbed (sp) more at Havi than just about any other lake I was on last year. Lots of "I'm too cool for you" glares. If the wave thing is the issue I don't think its a race thing--just people that think they are Billy-bad-ass-too-cool-to-wave
    That's for sure, lots of "Billy-bad-ass-too-cool-to- (insert many choices here) out there.
    Them and the ITG's (internet tough guys). It's amazing how many people in society think they're better than everyone else regardless of color / race.
    It would be interesting to do and experiment sometime. Drive up to a dock full of people in an old average looking 18 foot family boat with a couple fishing poles hangin off the back, then come back an hour later in a pimped out 38 Cig, and document the different reactions and reception from the same people (assuming you could disguise yourself for the second trip). My guess is the difference would be fairly noticable. In many peoples eyes it ain't "who you are" but "what you got" as a method of scoring your value as a person. Pretty sad.

AGAIN.................This is not to be a racial thread ***boat people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
    Understood, just relating what I've seen for your info...

Aqua Boogie1
    That's for sure, lots of "Billy-bad-ass-too-cool-to- (insert many choices here) out there.
    Them and the ITG's (internet tough guys). It's amazing how many people in society think they're better than everyone else regardless of color / race.
    It would be interesting to do and experiment sometime. Drive up to a dock full of people in an old average looking 18 foot family boat with a couple fishing poles hangin off the back, then come back an hour later in a pimped out 38 Cig, and document the different reactions and reception from the same people (assuming you could disguise yourself for the second trip). My guess is the difference would be fairly noticable. In many peoples eyes it ain't "who you are" but "what you got" as a method of scoring your value as a person. Pretty sad.
    I can see that sometimes tooo............................Even in the" I got a 2005 Bayliner and here Im am in a 76, with twice the money put into in ol'skool jetboat" who are you. It just sucks....................Sorry guys, just wondering and venting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :frown:

KLEPTOW
    Hey Aqua Boogie1, If you ever get down here to the Havazoo, I will definitely shoot you a wave back. I have seen this same shit here and it has jaded me to the point of not waving at people unless they wave at me first. Kinda sucks haven been in a Interracial relationship, myself for 20 + years I’ve seen it all.

mike37
    every one is cool with me until they prove to be an ass
    an I don't care what boat you have cool peeps are cool no mater what they have or don't have
    now I my joke around about a guy with a bay liner and hell I even have some friends that dive Chevy's if you can believe that you know how those Chevy guys are

ahhell
    I can echo whats been said here, if youre cool with me and mine alls good
    Hell, try owning a Commander....talk about catchin' shit....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast