Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I have a question????????????

spectratoad
    Yes I would have to say that you know how to party and you two are a blast to be around. I too would like to know where this is that Liz gets hassled. I am sure Tyeson and I could go change a few opinions? Is it the place that creates the problem or is it the people?
    Yes there is still alot of racism out there and it is not only the boating scene. I personally don't see a whole bunch of it and that is probably due to the people I hang around.
    As far as I am concerned I really don't care who you are. We put our pants on the same way and respect goes both ways.
    And if you wave expect a wave back but chances are I will beat you to the wave.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    bigotry sucks
    I can only explain it by saying that people fear what they don't know. These thoughts are historically rooted in the idea that the "wild black man is going to go after your white women," which goes back to the reconstruction and early 1900s lynchings. The media perpetuates the fear. Watch the news tonight and count how many times they try to scare you. For example, I heard this two weeks ago "Jetliner escapes runway and kills an 8 year old boy, can it happen here?"
    Another reason this continues is because many of us do not say anything when we hear our neighbors, aquaintances and family members utter racial comments. I am ashamed to say I am guilty of this at times. It depends on the company I'm in. When I worked in a grocery store, some really good friends of mine (interracial couple) came in with their 2 babies. They were in the next line behind my checkstand. The 60ish white man in my line was so upset, and spent so much time staring at them, it took him a good 4-5 minutes to write his check. I had to keep asking him if there was a problem (knowing what the problem was). He didn't even answer me. I was angry, but of course, being at work, I was not in a postition to say anything to this a$$. In most cases, I try to make it clear that I don't appreciate or agree with the comments people make.
    Silence = Acceptance
    Sorry you (and any other Americans) have to go through this.

framer1
    I don't talk to anybody who doesn't own a DCB

a catered life
    my opinion is that its the same from both sides in many cases (example) blacks did the same thing when larry bird handed majic j a asswiping most blacks were like a white guy did that and since i have been in boating i have experiened the worst kind of racism you would ever want to see....when we were looking for our second boat we couldn't even get a sales person to talk to us in some shops let alone sell us a boat and when we go to some marinas we get the "so your new to this thing".....i am the last person to play the race card but there are a lot of just plain assholes in this world of all colors. i even get it from some of my own friends when they find out i'm into boating...i will say one more thing and this is why i do boating and stuff like that is because i want my kids to experience more in life than the inner city......i never heard of camping, boating, rafting, or anything like that when i was a kid....i want thenm to see more of this world than the basketball court and football field nothing wrong with those sports but many africian americans only experience these two sports for family fun
    whwn i took my son to the monster truck show we were the only blacks there it felt weird at first but i was like as long as my son i having fun its all good.screw the funny looks and fingers

framer1
    I'm friendly to everybody and I don't care what boat you own either. I've owned a Bayliner and I had just as much fun in it as my DCB. Probably more, I wasn't worry about ruining it as much. Never had a issue with anybody but pricks. Just like everybody else.

BigDoug
    AB, keep doing what you do and going to the places you enjoy with your family because your going to run into these types where ever you are (bank, store, lake, streets) if you let these as holes get to you and your family you will not enjoy life as it will pass you by. Again, keep doing what your doing knowing that there are rotten apples on every vine.
    Now, go on and enjoy your life with the family................Doug

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    I have talked alot to your girlie online and you two are more than welcome to boat with us anytime. Who cares what color your skin is!

Outnumbered
    No doubt there are some racists out there but don't be too quick to play the race card for things like shitty service, getting blown off, ignored, rudeness, etc. All this shit happens to me on a regular basis and I think it is just that people have shitty attitudes, don't give a fock about anybody but themselves, are pissed that they are not getting paid enough, etc, etc. Having owned my own business for over 10 years I pay particular attention to service when I go out shopping, to eat, etc. Today's service sucks for the most part. People just don't give a fock and have no respect, period.

MAINEVENT
    people are ignorant let it go its not worth the fight trust me its like hearing people talk about mexicans and how lazy we are and so forth but those same people are having their lawns mowed by an illegal mexicans because its cheaper I dont pay attention to color if someones a cool person to hang out with thats all that matters Shit i'll drink with you hahahaha
    Just my .02 which is'nt worht a penny

Mrs. Restless22
    Hi honey.
    I know you've felt this way for a while, we've chatted about it before. But as I told you before, and I will tell you again, f*ck the people who are ignorant and unwelcoming.
    If your talking about the place I think your talking about, there can be some trashy people there. (mrs. 60 year old victoria secret,g-string wearing chick!!! LOL, you know who Im talking about!!) So if its those trashy, low lifes that are talking shit to Liz, dont go there anymore!
    You and Liz are two of the funnest, easiest going people we've hung with at the lake. I cant wait to see you guys again.
    Luv you lots!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast