Thread: split bowl change should or shouldnt

jetboatjoe
    should i change my jet from the standard berkley to a split bowl and put the droop snoot on it or just keep it standard with the diverter whats the best and how easy or hard is it to do doing this will it help with speed more speed or not any help would be great

YeLLowBoaT
    just keep the none spilt bowl and put a divert on it. that is unless your trying to get every last mph out of your boat. then swap it out for a spilt. Not so much for the droop, but for the fact that you can add wedges, droops, snoots and etc.

Wicked Performance Boats
    should i change my jet from the standard berkley to a split bowl and put the droop snoot on it or just keep it standard with the diverter whats the best and how easy or hard is it to do doing this will it help with speed more speed or not any help would be great
    How much do you have in your savings account? Depends on what you want to spend, and how much you want to tweak out of it. You'll never know if you don't try! Budlight

Duane HTP
    Sometimes it helps to give you a good answer if you will give us some information, Like; What kind of boat do you have? How fast is it running now? What HP do you have? What is the attitude of the boat, nose high or running wet? What are you trying to get out of the boat, and how do you use it?
    Each boat has different answers.

jetboatjoe
    Sometimes it helps to give you a good answer if you will give us some information, Like; What kind of boat do you have? How fast is it running now? What HP do you have? What is the attitude of the boat, nose high or running wet? What are you trying to get out of the boat, and how do you use it?
    the boat is a 77 hawaiian with a 460 and berkley pump not sure on the hp when i got the boat this summer the guy said it was built by a budy that races it seems pretty hot to me it has a place diverter on it now i want more speed but if changing will cause problems then i probley shouldnt i found a complete split bowl for about 100 bucks how much more speed are we talking about if i was to go to a split bowl and droop snoot with the diverter are they hard to pull the bowl on a standard and just put the split bowl on thanks for any help

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    the boat is a 77 hawaiian with a 460 and berkley pump not sure on the hp when i got the boat this summer the guy said it was built by a budy that races it seems pretty hot to me it has a place diverter on it now i want more speed but if changing will cause problems then i probley shouldnt i found a complete split bowl for about 100 bucks how much more speed are we talking about if i was to go to a split bowl and droop snoot with the diverter are they hard to pull the bowl on a standard and just put the split bowl on thanks for any help
    I will say definately go with the split bowl. $100 is cheap. Just make sure that you put new bushings in it. Now whether or not a droop will help is another thing. If you can try one from a buddy that would be better! That way if it doesnt work then your not out of the $$. I have a kachina(which is similar to yours) and I noticed that the droop is pushing down the azz end of my boat. Im going to try a snoot this spring.

Cas
    sounds to me like you need to get a baseline for rpms and speed before moving on much further. But, I'd go ahead and pick up that split bowl now just because it sounds like a darn good price.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Hey duane, I saw one of of your boats at the races. It was the white with yellow and had a 572 in it. Super good looking boat He also had a snoot on it

jetboatjoe
    would i have to replace the whole jet or just the bowl i dont want to have to pull the motor if i dont have to with a split bowl what would you do to it to get more speed and with out a split bowl standard bowl what do you do with that for more speed agin i do have the diverter already on it

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    would i have to replace the whole jet or just the bowl i dont want to have to pull the motor if i dont have to with a split bowl what would you do to it to get more speed and with out a split bowl standard bowl what do you do with that for more speed agin i do have the diverter already on it
    All you need to pull is the transom adapter and a few cables. The slpit bowl will allow you to run wedges/droop/snoot etc. Those items will help you achieve/fine tune your set up to get maximum speed