Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My company 'Holiday' party...

Goad
    This is how pathetic the company i work for is....
    This is a large global company....
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Greetings EarthlingÂ’s
    The holiday party is approaching in light speed (which equates to 1,360,856.227 seconds away [Pluto terms]). To prepare for this voyage, the committee would like to remind you to reserve your space for a fun filled adventure.
    This year the committee decided to try something new because the number of employees has increased and space is limited.
    The adventure will include:
    -Food
    -Theme Sci-Fi, outer space, galaxy (movie based)
    -Terrific Prizes and games
    -Surprises
    We would like a full space ship! The deadline to reserve your seat has been extended to Wednesday, December 6th.
    Contact XXXXX XXXX or XXXX XXXXXX to reserve your space. Admission Ticket: $20.00
    “Perhaps the best Yuletide decoration is being wreathed in smiles. ~Author Unknown”.
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...id=20456&stc=1
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    This is in a conference room and they are charging $20 a person to attend!!!!

gqchris
    Dude that is too funny Goad, thank them for the laugh this morning, I neraly fell out of my chair!

voodoomedman
    See what happens when you start throwing holiday parties instead of Christmas parties! Tell them that the holiday is Christmas and not Halloween.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    I put on my companies holiday shindigs. We have about 120 employees and we drop about $20k for our party and do not charge an entrance fee.
    Don't go. :rollside:

"Training Sessions" - now that sounds like fun. Beam me up....lol

Goad
    Don't go. :rollside:
    Don't worry, I am not going. Either are any of my coworkers....it's a complete joke.
    And honestly, I think thats the responce from most of the company since they just extended the ticket purchase deadline out another week. They must be having some really bad ticket sales responce.
    Just in case you didnt catch it the first time.....there is about 5,000 people in this company and about 75-100 people (if not more) in my department.

DILLIGAF
    Damn, sounds like you work with some major nerds....
    Charging for the "Holiday" party is wrong any way you look at it. F THAT!
    Do you get in free if you wear some stupid ass Spock ears?

yopengo
    F*** that $20 bucks. I wouldnt go either.

NOTALENT
    That is perhaps the gayest thing I have seen.....To top it off you have to pay $20 to go to this....haha....
    Every year our company Rents the Newport Harbor Cruise boat that circles the harbor....Free food and Alcohol and casin and dancing....not bad...

voodoomedman
    My wife is an OR Nurse and the Anesthesia doctors put on the Christmas party every year. They pay out of their own pockets and it is done at places like you would have a wedding or prom or something. They usually ask for like $10 or $20 per couple but that is more because they are paying out of their own pockets and they don't want to drop 20 grand and not have people show up that say they are. It's kind of a commitment thing. If you pay for something you want your money's worth. So I can kind of see a minimal charge but $20 per person blows, also this is not out of someones personal pocket it is from the company so their shouldn't be any charge, and the outerspace thing is just downright stupid. What's next year Renaissance?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast