Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: safe age 4 rides??

LUVNLIFE
    We also started ours at around six months, but as stated always be careful of the heat.

voodoomedman
    Had my son out at two weeks old and he loves the water. He is now 20 months and no problems. Do not strap the child in. If the boat flips and sinks the baby will go with it. If the car seat sinks and the baby is strapped in the baby will sink. At first we did bring the carrier to lay the baby in while we were still but not straps attached anywhere. Your wife will need to properly hold the baby in the passenger seat where it is the safest. And hydration is extremely important. Especially when it comes to the summer months. Go out early and get in early. And there are a couple things you need to be vigilant on. You may think your okay but then you get what happened in RD's story. Infants cannot regulate their own body temperature like an adult can. You need to keep the bimini up, keep the baby wet (playing in the water, dunking, keeping a wet hat on, mister etc. Always have some cool clothing on the baby. Always. And secondly, keep the baby hydrated. This is the tricky one. You will think the baby just had their normal bottle a couple of hours ago. Nope not good. The baby's body will be using all of it, feeding will need to be much more constant. Sometimes you have to feed baby before baby tells you it is hungry. You are basically feeding just to keep hydrated. If mama is breastfeeding baby then you are good to go. Whip out the boob every so often. We've got a new baby coming in June and we will do the same thing.
    Anyways, talk to your pediatrician and read, read, read. Your children are your most important thing in the whole world. A little research to keep them safe is a good thing.

707dog
    Had my son out at two weeks old and he loves the water. He is now 20 months and no problems. Do not strap the child in. If the boat flips and sinks the baby will go with it. If the car seat sinks and the baby is strapped in the baby will sink. At first we did bring the carrier to lay the baby in while we were still but not straps attached anywhere. Your wife will need to properly hold the baby in the passenger seat where it is the safest. And hydration is extremely important. Especially when it comes to the summer months. Go out early and get in early. And there are a couple things you need to be vigilant on. You may think your okay but then you get what happened in RD's story. Infants cannot regulate their own body temperature like an adult can. You need to keep the bimini up, keep the baby wet (playing in the water, dunking, keeping a wet hat on, mister etc. Always have some cool clothing on the baby. Always. And secondly, keep the baby hydrated. This is the tricky one. You will think the baby just had their normal bottle a couple of hours ago. Nope not good. The baby's body will be using all of it, feeding will need to be much more constant. Sometimes you have to feed baby before baby tells you it is hungry. You are basically feeding just to keep hydrated. If mama is breastfeeding baby then you are good to go. Whip out the boob every so often. We've got a new baby coming in June and we will do the same thing.
    Anyways, talk to your pediatrician and read, read, read. Your children are your most important thing in the whole world. A little research to keep them safe is a good thing.
    great points thanx!! i have a older(12) son but he didnt really get into boating at first cause he was affraid of my loud azz jet boat but after a couple boats he came around , so we are starting fresh with this one!! we do see the dr in a few dayz and ill 20? her about things.i see most people sell off the boat when they have a baby..not us chit why sell it just to turn around a buy again a year later? pointless to me..sure i will have to split boating time and trips but chit thats what boating familys do to make it happin!! hell that could be a good thread :idea:but most diffenatly common sense will be used when the lil guy is out on the water and hydration will reep heavy for after RD's story sure dont want that chit happining..

voodoomedman
    great points thanx!! i have a older(12) son but he didnt really get into boating at first cause he was affraid of my loud azz jet boat but after a couple boats he came around , so we are starting fresh with this one!! we do see the dr in a few dayz and ill 20? her about things.i see most people sell off the boat when they have a baby..not us chit why sell it just to turn around a buy again a year later? pointless to me..sure i will have to split boating time and trips but chit thats what boating familys do to make it happin!! hell that could be a good thread :idea:but most diffenatly common sense will be used when the lil guy is out on the water and hydration will reep heavy for after RD's story sure dont want that chit happining..
    No problemo!! There are really a small few non stop party goers that boat. Even on Havasu there is a good majority of family boaters. My kids will grow up boating and I hope I am starting something that will be shared with their families as well. My little boy loves the water and his little brother or sister (don't know what's in mommy's belly) is sure to love it as well. The water is fun and when they are small the rumble of the big block and motion of the boat put them right to sleep.

707dog
    No problemo!! There are really a small few non stop party goers that boat. Even on Havasu there is a good majority of family boaters. My kids will grow up boating and I hope I am starting something that will be shared with their families as well. My little boy loves the water and his little brother or sister (don't know what's in mommy's belly) is sure to love it as well. The water is fun and when they are small the rumble of the big block and motion of the boat put them right to sleep.
    definatly! well good luck with the new addition coming to the family, boating has trickled down thru our family also !!my parents and most of the relatives have or had boats when i was growin up so camping trips and boating is big in the family and still continues to this day and i wanna pass the torch also..

voodoomedman
    definatly! well good luck with the new addition coming to the family, boating has trickled down thru our family also !!my parents and most of the relatives have or had boats when i was growin up so camping trips and boating is big in the family and still continues to this day and i wanna pass the torch also..
    :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

Bow Tie Omega
    From the picture of your boat, it looks like that noise would not be an issue. But if you have a big motor with with aftermarket exhaust, you might want to consider ear muffs. High decibels can hurt/damage the ears. Otherwise, it should be all good. Have fun

MOBrien
    we took our 2nd child out soon after. She was born in late March and we had her on the boat for Cat Attack weekend at Shasta in June.....she was about 2.5 months old and seemed to love it. Shade is the key and if it's rough, just slow it down a bit. I wouldn't buckle him/her into anything though. Just get the fitting floatation device and hold her in the lap....good to go.
    Oh yeah, congrats!!!! Kids make everything worthwhile IMO.

Warlockjer
    We took our daughter out at 2 weeks. Had a 17'10" Sanger flat bottom . We were young and crazy. That was 29 years ago and she turned out OK. Still loves boating also and enjoys it with her 2 little ones

IT'SONLYMONEY
    had our baby at naci at 8months. they love the vibration of the boat. instant sleep every time we moved around, just take it slow and be careful. watch out for those not watching out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast