Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: '07 Tahoe

brianthomas
    Just bought a new '07 Tahoe today and it has this HUGE gold colored chevy bow tie on the plastic housing around the license plate in the middle of the tailgate. Anyone know if this thing is just stuck on with adhesive or are there mounting pins that would leave holes if I removed it? This thing is nearly the size of,,,,,,,,,,,, well it's pretty big anyway.
    This thing really drives nice!

BajaMike
    Pictures....
    :idea:

phebus
    I've taken all the badging off all the Chevy's I have owned, including a '06 Tahoe, and an '05 truck. They were all just stuck on. I would guess the '07's are the same.

brianthomas
    Well I think I'm headed back out to the garage to try the old fishing line trick.
    Don't have any pictures but it is an LT in whatever they call that peweter color. Leather inside but no nav. or tv. I had an '05 and this thing rides, drives and lookes better. It is also much more quiet. It feels like it weighs more than it does but it just takes some getting used to. I think this 5.3 V8 is up to 320hp and 340 ft/lbs. now. The cylinder deactivation is kind of strange. You can hear it change if the stereo is not on and it only goes to V4 on down hill grades of 1% or more or if you let off the throttle at most speeds. It rarely goes to V4 on level ground.

Boatcop
    I just swapped out mine for a billet bow-tie. There are put on with heavy duty double stick goop and 2 pins that go through to the back of the grille. There are clips that hold the are kind of like nuts, but just twist off. a 3/8" socket will do it. You can reach down behind the grille and do this, unless you got real big forearms.
    I got the bling on Ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-20...654QQhashZitem 190056767520QQihZ009QQitemZ190056767520QQtcZphoto) .
    I also got the bling bow tie for the rear (double stick goo only) and a billet gas door.

charlyox
    I like the look of the bow tie on the back of tahoes

brianthomas
    I just swapped out mine for a billet bow-tie. There are put on with heavy duty double stick goop and 2 pins that go through to the back of the grille. There are clips that hold the are kind of like nuts, but just twist off. a 3/8" socket will do it. You can reach down behind the grille and do this, unless you got real big forearms.
    I got the bling on Ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-20...654QQhashZitem 190056767520QQihZ009QQitemZ190056767520QQtcZphoto) .
    I also got the bling bow tie for the rear (double stick goo only) and a billet gas door.
    Thanks Boat Cop but I was looking at the rear one on the tailgate. I suppose the front one is just as ugly but I back into the garage and have not had to stare at it yet.
    Now I see your edit after I wrote this.

brianthomas
    I like the look of the bow tie on the back of tahoes
    Sell ya mine once I get it off there. Cheap!

Boatcop
    Thanks Boat Cop but I was looking at the rear one on the tailgate. I suppose the front one is just as ugly but I back into the garage and have not had to stare at it yet.
    Now I see your edit after I wrote this.
    And I mis-read your first post. I thought you were talking about the front one. :hammerhea
    Yeah, the rear one is just goo'ed on. Rubbing alcohol will take away the residue.
    I'll take some pics of the bling on mine tomorrow and throw them up here.

VanDeano
    Use a heat gun and gently pry it off...that is what I did.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast