Thread: Superchiller Pluming

hbpdub
    Getting ready to plum my newly aquired superchiller and was wondering if I should install a water pickup dedicated to just the superchiller or just tee off the water line from the jet to the engine, but I am concerned that if I tee off the water line to the engine that I would be pulling to much water from the engine. Thoughts or comments greatly appreciated. HB

Craig
    When I got my chiller, PFM said both configurations will work but they recommend the seperate pick-up.
    Craig

HP350SC
    Overall the separate pickup is the way to go. No chance of sand plugging up, and no fuel puddling in the intake at idle. Some drag racers use the engine water to eliminate the delay of a separate pickup.

superdave013
    if you tap off the pump make sure you use a pressure regulator.
    I've plumbed them both ways. The jets had an extra port tapped into the bowl for the cooler line.

cookieman
    I am working on a motor for my boat and it has a superchiller. I checked with a few guys from a performance shop here in town and they recommend that I use a water pick-up to supply water for the chiller. They tell me that way the boat will idle good and will only have water when running the boat. I was told to plump same size in as out. I will give it a try, this is the first chiller that I have had on a blower.

Maxey
    Getting ready to plum my newly aquired superchiller and was wondering if I should install a water pickup dedicated to just the superchiller or just tee off the water line from the jet to the engine, but I am concerned that if I tee off the water line to the engine that I would be pulling to much water from the engine. Thoughts or comments greatly appreciated. HB
    I would reccomend a separate H2O pickup with a sea strainer. Dump line off
    the transom. Also -10 lines in and out. This setup has worked well for me.
    Dave

Taylorman
    I am working on a motor for my boat and it has a superchiller. I checked with a few guys from a performance shop here in town and they recommend that I use a water pick-up to supply water for the chiller. They tell me that way the boat will idle good and will only have water when running the boat. I was told to plump same size in as out. I will give it a try, this is the first chiller that I have had on a blower.
    What are you building Bill?

I have read all the posts to this thread & im still confused (im a dummy)...does any1 have any pics of how they plumbed there chiller?...i would greatly appreciate seeing them
    thnx Ron (fastrat)

hbpdub
    if you tap off the pump make sure you use a pressure regulator.
    I've plumbed them both ways. The jets had an extra port tapped into the bowl for the cooler line.
    by the way Dave that is one sweet ass boat!!!!!

Wicked Performance Boats
    Never run the line from the same one off the pump! water will take the path of least resistance and the motor will run hot. Budlight