Thread: First post

Rackman
    Hello, this is my first post on this site. I am an "old guy", grew up on and around boats, but have not owned a boat in a long time. It's now time for me to get back on the water. I am looking at several boats right now, one of which is a nice little day cruiser. It has a small block chevy and bravo outdrive. My question is this: The last time this boat was out, it spent the night under water. (No, it's not Later's boat!) The owner has changed the oil and says that all is good with the motor now. Is that all that needs to be done after filling a motor with water? Does the drive oil need to be drained and refilled also, or is it completely sealed? Any comments or input is appreciated.
    Thanks

Hello, this is my first post on this site. I am an "old guy", grew up on and around boats, but have not owned a boat in a long time. It's now time for me to get back on the water. I am looking at several boats right now, one of which is a nice little day cruiser. It has a small block chevy and bravo outdrive. My question is this: The last time this boat was out, it spent the night under water. (No, it's not Later's boat!) The owner has changed the oil and says that all is good with the motor now. Is that all that needs to be done after filling a motor with water? Does the drive oil need to be drained and refilled also, or is it completely sealed? Any comments or input is appreciated.
    Thanks
    if it were me, i would want to hear the motor run & the drive also...no sense buying a prob!...if u buy it, i would chng all the fluids etc so that u have peace of mind...also...how is the interior etc?...if u have to spend $$$ to make it presentable, i would look around at others...just my .02 cents
    fastrat
    p.s. Welcome to HB

Rackman
    if it were me, i would want to hear the motor run & the drive also...no sense buying a prob!...if u buy it, i would chng all the fluids etc so that u have peace of mind...also...how is the interior etc?...if u have to spend $$$ to make it presentable, i would look around at others...just my .02 cents
    fastrat
    p.s. Welcome to HB
    Thanks for your comments. The owner is a friend of mine, the boat ran good until it went under. Hasn't been in the water since. The interior is new, gel is pretty old looking though, (fake wood grain), would need to re gel or paint to make it look good. Will keep looking at others...thanks