Thread: Auto scan tool advice needed from Auto shop

DUECE'SDAD
    Its finnaly time for our shop www.legendscollision.com to pick up a scan tool for check engine lights, abs, airbags and so forth. Any ways, I was wondering if any of you guys have or work at a shop and use a one. Im looking for advice on which one to buy. Im kinda leaning on the OTC genisis # 3653 you can see it at www.otctool.com, orielly wants a little over $ 2000
    And there is a tool shop on egay that sells the same for 1299 outta texas which is just a state away !!!
    We dont have any tool trucks that come to our area and i dont think i would take there advice anyways . . . What do you guys think, can you give me any advice ??? One of the main reason for purchasing is the new BG Brake system flush machine we bought needs the tool hooked up to open the abs pump sparatically for the flush to be done, that and with all the airbag work in the body shop. Let me know what you think if you have fact to back it up.

76ANTHONY
    Its finnaly time for our shop www.legendscollision.com to pick up a scan tool for check engine lights, abs, airbags and so forth. Any ways, I was wondering if any of you guys have or work at a shop and use a one. Im looking for advice on which one to buy. Im kinda leaning on the OTC genisis # 3653 you can see it at www.otctool.com, orielly wants a little over $ 2000
    And there is a tool shop on egay that sells the same for 1299 outta texas which is just a state away !!!
    We dont have any tool trucks that come to our area and i dont think i would take there advice anyways . . . What do you guys think, can you give me any advice ??? One of the main reason for purchasing is the new BG Brake system flush machine we bought needs the tool hooked up to open the abs pump sparatically for the flush to be done, that and with all the airbag work in the body shop. Let me know what you think if you have fact to back it up.
    OTC GENISIS and snap on are about the same dealo, neither one of them is as good as a tech 2 for the make vehicle, but they work. on both of them make sure you get at least one year of updates free....