Thread: Aluminum roller rocker/valve cover clearance

Bow Tie Omega
    Aaaarrrrggghhhhh!!!!!! I am ready to start the BTO, finally after 4 years of work and frustration. The valve covers are hitting the rocker arms. BBC set-up, is there a reasonable solution for this issue, or is it yet another $300 for a set of Comp Cams Pro magnums. I have tried auto covers and the marine covers from Dana(cut for the water jacketed exhaust) Thanks for any help in advance.

Sleek-Jet
    Go old school and double up the valve cover gaskets... don't know how that would affect your header clearance though...

Moneypitt
    If the rockers are "just" touching try double thick gaskets. If there is alot of contact you will have to go to the aftermarket "tall" covers. Even with the stock rockers / stock covers, some high lift cams will cause interference...........MP

Bow Tie Omega
    I believe they are hitting the sides, the insets on the valve covers for the valve cover bolts.

obnoxious001
    Its very common to sand off the corners of the 4 rockers that hit the valve covers. If you have some type of disk or belt sander,, simply radius off the corners,, wash the rocker arms carefully, and you are back in business.

ditto

Nucking futs
    Its very common to sand off the corners of the 4 rockers that hit the valve covers. If you have some type of disk or belt sander,, simply radius off the corners,, wash the rocker arms carefully, and you are back in business.
    Works perfect

LynnsJet
    ditto, it is a common problem

GofastRacer
    I've done it on mine no biggie!..

Bow Tie Omega
    You guys are the shit....Thanks for the 411....Joe