Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dual quads on 302

GofastRacer
    I don't believe that is a dual plane. Had one of these, zero bottom end, pure $hit fuel distribution, but it was cheap and they do look cool. If you look at the little logo on top of the thermostat hole it says 360 inside of a circle.
    Duhh just reread his post and took a close look, you're right it's not a dual plane it's an Offenhauser 360 and they ain't worth $hit!. at first glance I thought it was one of those Edelbrock deals, those are pretty good!..

SnoopJonnyJon
    http://i2.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/7a/ce/ecbb_12.JPG
    Pic with no carbs. Shit? :cry:

Moneypitt
    http://i2.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/7a/ce/ecbb_12.JPG
    Pic with no carbs. Shit? :cry:
    Run it. It'll be cool even though it may not be the best 2X4 intake out there. The way those carbs work you'll be on a 2 barrel most of the time anyway and the bog and recover aspect will feel like you flushed a toilet when you hammer it. This isn't a balls out racer anyway, right? I've got and Edlebrock C66 2X4 deal for an oval port BBC, not the best choice for total performance, but you can't beat the "look". I'm saving the intake until the right place to put it comes along...........MP

SnoopJonnyJon
    No, it isn't really intended as a racer at all, more of a Kustom. Although it is a 92 Ranger, it should look like a 60's vehicle when it's done. I'm putting in 1960's f-100 taillights, and a making the front grille to have round headlights. Replacing the door handles with old push-button style ones, using 1958 Edsel Ranger emblems, so it will still be badged a ranger, but won't look so 90's. Interior will be bench seat, all tuck and roll vinyl... blue metalflake and pearl white. TALL Lokar shifter. Paint will be metalflake too, unsure on what degree of silverleaf and pinstriping, but it will certainly have some. The wheels I have for it now are Appliance Fine Wires, for the early 70's with whitewalls. I'll run those for a while, but eventually would like torq thrusts, and bias plies, either redlines or wide whites. I'm using a 3-5 drop with dropped I beam in the front, and flip kit in the rear. My "original" plan was to only do the body this year and just run the V6 (all show, no go), but when my good friend who is helping with the body said it would be about a year before he could do the body, I decided I would spend the money I've saved on powertrain and then do the body next year. So even though it is going in a 1992, think of it as more like a street rod type engine. I want it to look, sound, and run nice, but am not concerned about the actual numbers it puts out. Don't get me wrong, I'd be disappointed if it is a complete dog, but as long as it pulls strong, I don't care too much if it is 300, 330, or 380 hp.

Moneypitt
    Forget the numbers. How does it feel in the "seat of your pants", THAT is the just reward for all your hard work. Whitewalls, NAH!! Get a grip man. AND the "Redline" radials,(Tigerpaws), were mid/late 60s early 70s, so you could run radials and still be in the era you're looking for.......Rod on..........MP

SnoopJonnyJon
    Yesterday I ordered my parts, and made a few changes to the combo. I bought the Trick Flow Track Heat heads, which are one step up from the twisted wedge. I also ended up buying Keith Black domed pistons (11:1 compression). The cam I bought is 224 duration @ 0.050, with .542 intake, .563 exhaust lift. Also a Cloyes "noisy" gear drive, Scorpion 1.6 ratio roller rockers and a Mallory Unilite distributor. Transmission is a C4 with a full manual valvebody and 3500 stall converter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12