Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ford doing a Diesel in their F-150...?

HammerDown
    Coming to the States...?
    This is what I heard the other day, 4. something diesel engine for the
    F-150 ????
    This I would consider, as I don't really need the F-250 anymore.

Sleek-Jet
    For shame... that is not the ***boat mindset we require around here...
    You need at least an F-350 crew... perferably an F-550... at least... minimum... anything less and you're a danger to you and everyone else on the road...

cc322
    Coming to the States...?
    This is what I heard the other day, 4. something diesel engine for the
    F-150 ????
    Yep 2009...
    Our plans also include some vehicles you haven’t seen yet – like the next-generation F-150.
    Since January, we have dramatically expanded our original plans for the next-generation
    F-150 which goes on sale in 2008. As a sign of just how serious we are about truck leadership,
    we literally stopped development for two months earlier this year, and we took a look at every element of the product to ensure we remain America’s unquestioned truck leader.
    The results are substantial, including a full redesign of the product from front to back,
    more innovative customer features and technologies, and an even stronger powertrain lineup.
    That, by the way, includes adding higher performance gas and clean diesel options for the
    F-150 beyond 2008.
    http://media.ford.com/article_displa...ticle_id=24284

dmontzsta
    I was just kicking around a new F150 too, wonder if I should wait.

Trailer Park Casanova
    GM has a small V8 diesel coming out too.
    Nothing less than the new F450/HD4500 for this family in the future.

NashvilleBound
    Yep 2009...
    Our plans also include some vehicles you haven’t seen yet – like the next-generation F-150.
    Since January, we have dramatically expanded our original plans for the next-generation
    F-150 which goes on sale in 2008. As a sign of just how serious we are about truck leadership,
    we literally stopped development for two months earlier this year, and we took a look at every element of the product to ensure we remain America’s unquestioned truck leader.
    The results are substantial, including a full redesign of the product from front to back,
    more innovative customer features and technologies, and an even stronger powertrain lineup.
    That, by the way, includes adding higher performance gas and clean diesel options for the
    F-150 beyond 2008.
    http://media.ford.com/article_displa...ticle_id=24284
    You sound like you work for Ford.....true? I am trying to get info/pricing on the 07 F350. From what I gather the dealers should have pricing the 11th of Dec. With deliveries being VERY weak the first quarter of 07. My trucks for sale and as soon as it sells I will buy a new vehicle.....hopefully a new Ford if not it will be the new Denali SUV. Can you help?

cc322
    No I dont work for Ford that quote was taken from the media center. But I do follow the market very closley, kinda a obsession. I do get to give customer feedback to Ford on new products with a chance to give input,for product development. (Trucks) Here is some more good viewing.
    http://www.fordboldmoves.com/episode.aspx?episode=17

bigq
    With diesel fuel reaching almost a dollar more then regular gas what is the point? they have a gas motor that has plenty of power to pull more then it is capable of. I don't get it. right now i am kinda widhing I had the Hemi instead of my Cummins right now.

Mandelon
    Bigq's right. what's the point? The diesel motor cost five or six grand more to start with, then 30% more to fuel up.....
    60 cents a gallon MORE than gas around here for Diesel....its just retarded. There's no reason unless you have to tow ALL the time. :hammerhea :hammerhea :cry:

Baja Big Dog
    For the past few years ford has made (or used) a "Baby Powerstroke" that they put in their small city trucks, it is a V-6 version of the 6.0, looks exactly like the 6.0 only shorter, and I rode in one, had plenty of poop....would be a great motor for the 150, all the Chevy nazi's would crap if they do that!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast